• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
14 14

5,098 posts in this topic

"Batman and Robin," before and after. i've been doing these paintings on antique photos for several years now. they are cabinet card photos from the late 1800s. i seal them with clear acrylic, and then paint directly on top of them. if you like this, you can see more of them on my website: http://www.alexgross.com/mixed-media/index.html

batman-and-robin-before-after.jpg

8 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

"Batman and Robin," before and after. i've been doing these paintings on antique photos for several years now. they are cabinet card photos from the late 1800s. i seal them with clear acrylic, and then paint directly on top of them. if you like this, you can see more of them on my website: http://www.alexgross.com/mixed-media/index.html

batman-and-robin-before-after.jpg

way cool.  I like the super skrull.

16 minutes ago, Shawnismaximus said:

My profile pic is something I drew on my ipad pro using the program Procreate and an apple pencil.  Feel free to follow my art on instagram

59c945fee35ad_ScreenShot2017-09-25at10_45_35AM.png.c57a640f4a5114071060824b070882f9.png

Very nice @Shawnismaximus :applause:

I like this one below from your site. It's a little like my reflection in the mirror most mornings hm

16463941_1692700774353661_6826602963666993152_a.jpg.6cb068390dd45806719ffcf7fa047771.jpg

5 minutes ago, Shawnismaximus said:

Haha thanks man. That's what I look like too!  Truth be told it was just a doodle I did while trying to figure out how the apple pen worked!

You should make that your avatar. It's hypnotic....

Welcome by the way. Have fun.

20 hours ago, Shawnismaximus said:

Done!  Thanks for the kind words.

You're welcome @Shawnismaximus. Spooky Skull Guy looks cool as your avatar. And he contrasts well on your profile with the Spidey thwipp too :headbang:

sim.thumb.PNG.14d0505a53f203f89cd413db0d4c0653.PNG

4 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

A drawing I did for my friend, who yesterday morning was killed in a vehicle crash.

He was a descendant of Hornigold the pirate, and asked me for a drawing of "Conan, but wearing the outfit of Hornigold the pirate".

I did not complete the drawing, as I was trying to ask my friend how he wanted it finished and we never got a chance to discuss it.

RIP Steve.

Hornigold.JPG

Sorry to hear that Karl. It's a great piece and I'm sure he'd have loved it.

8 hours ago, Artboy99 said:
12 hours ago, B2D327 said:

20170928_014916-1.jpg

I quite like this.

Me too. Very spidery and mildly sinister. A bit Deodatoish,  which is a good thing.