• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,098 posts in this topic

On 1/26/2024 at 5:05 PM, CJ Design said:

Fantastic design and textures

On 1/26/2024 at 1:29 PM, Jayman said:

That’s very nice!

Thank you guys!

On 1/30/2024 at 4:35 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

The moon was a nice touch, and well done!

I thought so too. I think he just needs to work on the contrast since the guns get kind of lost in the costume. I was pretty impressed though because he's improved quite a bit

On 1/30/2024 at 6:32 PM, B2D327 said:

I thought so too. I think he just needs to work on the contrast since the guns get kind of lost in the costume. I was pretty impressed though because he's improved quite a bit

It's nice work

The Kickstarter for my new comic The Crimebusters #6 ends tomorrow, and I spent the week working on the back cover.

This issue has a guest appearance by Joe and Frank Hardy. The Hardy Boys entered the public domain last year, though I haven't seen anyone else use them yet. 

The name "The Hardy Boys" is still trademarked, so I can't use that on the cover. But I wanted to capture the feel, so I did an homage to the cover of their first book, which was drawn by Walter S. Rogers. That art is also in the public domain, but I wanted to redo it in my own style rather than use the original. 

6-backcover-small.jpg.a368203830c9074723f5fff7a7f27c60.jpg

Laying in a hospital bed for 2+ months now and at the ripe old age of 54 it hit me (really hard) to read a couple of the topics posted about 2 of my favorite artists (Miller, Byrne) and how their talents have declined or they’ve just stopped giving a mess. I’ve never hit their level  and probably never will but I feel I can still progress and improve due to my love for the art form while at the same time improving my overall health to have that extra time to continue practicing. I’ve taken too many breaks from drawing, mostly due to lack of motivation and getting really sick but I have a chance to start being more serious about (certain 😉) things and made up my mind to do what’s right, today. 
‘Here is my first new drawing depicting what I’d like to call, “Panels I’d Draw”IMG_5617.thumb.jpeg.c782984af2da16d20782c50dd70418de.jpeg

On 3/17/2024 at 8:59 PM, B2D327 said:

Laying in a hospital bed for 2+ months now and at the ripe old age of 54 it hit me (really hard) to read a couple of the topics posted about 2 of my favorite artists (Miller, Byrne) and how their talents have declined or they’ve just stopped giving a mess. I’ve never hit their level  and probably never will but I feel I can still progress and improve due to my love for the art form while at the same time improving my overall health to have that extra time to continue practicing. I’ve taken too many breaks from drawing, mostly due to lack of motivation and getting really sick but I have a chance to start being more serious about (certain 😉) things and made up my mind to do what’s right, today. 
‘Here is my first new drawing depicting what I’d like to call, “Panels I’d Draw”IMG_5617.thumb.jpeg.c782984af2da16d20782c50dd70418de.jpeg

Looks Great and just keep swingin'...you got this.  I understand, I did 6 month in rehab Hospital after spine surgery...still outpatient rehab O'Rama...but drawing and painting every day.

I've got another comic live on Kickstarter right now, my epic fantasy comic Quest #3. I just can't stop making comics! 😄

I drew a couple homage covers this time around. 

The first is a bit unusual -- obviously the trade dress is a shout out to Bronze Age Conan from Marvel. The actual art is also a partial homage -- the creatures are based off renaissance paintings of angels being cast out of Heaven, mostly from Peter Paul Rubens, though I did the main figure and the background on my own. Colors by a guy I know named Adriel Dalla Vecchia. 

5.jpg.bf137a7705c490a747879cab9d2c0d03.jpg

The second is a much more direct homage, of David Sutherland III's "A Paladin in Hell" drawing from the old D&D books. That was in black and white, so since I didn't have Adriel's help with this one, I had to make up the color scheme myself, always tricky as I am color blind. 

vhess3-rpg-small.jpg.9bafbfa7f1924c82363cbb5cecafccc6.jpg

Number 3 in the Tiki/Classic Nude  Series...featuring the Tiki from the "HAWAIIAN EYE"  TV show...a Warner Bros ABC show from 1959-1963 Starring Anthony Eisley and Robert Conrad

and...one of the 9 Blank Cover Sketches I've done...1st 3 are sold.

uhawaeye1.jpg

zvnewgrA.jpg