• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
14 14

5,098 posts in this topic

Wow thats great-my LCS refuses to put up any art for sale or show because what happens is everyone and their brother come in and want him to also put up their art with the 'well you put up Joe's art-why not mine???' and its just a huge headache plus the fact that no art has ever sold.  Same deal with self published books-he no longer takes them.  In 2 years not a single self pub book ever sold and the creators will call the store constantly with 'any books sell this week??'.  Another headache for him.

3 minutes ago, kav said:

Wow thats great-my LCS refuses to put up any art for sale or show because what happens is everyone and their brother come in and want him to also put up their art with the 'well you put up Joe's art-why not mine???' and its just a huge headache plus the fact that no art has ever sold.  Same deal with self published books-he no longer takes them.  In 2 years not a single self pub book ever sold and the creators will call the store constantly with 'any books sell this week??'.  Another headache for him.

I like hearing all the stories of your LCS:bigsmile:

12 minutes ago, kav said:

I don't blame them for the stance. Is quite a few headaches that can come of this. It was something she offered and I took it.

My expectations are that I sell none of the framed original pages and I will collect them all off her walls sometime down the road. I will likely sell a few prints but those are not worth her time.

And lets face it, wall space = money. She could display a book instead and has a better chance to sell it. The key reason she said yes is I offered 25% of sale value so there is some money there, and I gave her a pretty nice piece of art. Go figure she has had an offer for that piece.

Edited by Artboy99

1 minute ago, Artboy99 said:

I don't blame them for the stance. Is quite a few headaches that can come of this. It was something she offered and I took it.

My expectations are that I sell none of the framed original pages and I will collect them all off her walls sometime down the road. I will likely sell a few prints but those are not worth her time.

i think your stuff is head and shoulders above everyone so they might sell.

Another trip to the loft and I find that I once appear to have had leanings towards taking over as the next Doctor Who:

ch6.thumb.jpg.afa2b7c47afe351d00f4a49fce61c0a5.jpg

That's me in full Colin Baker mode. Now I think of it, I remember buying a replica of the little cat brooch that Baker II wore on his coat. I wore it equally proudly to school on my coat and then, later, inexplicably, to work. Looking back, this may have been one of the reasons I never got off with Laura Pavitt hm

On 7/5/2017 at 10:01 PM, Artboy99 said:

The key reason she said yes is I offered 25% of sale value so there is some money there, and I gave her a pretty nice piece of art. Go figure she has had an offer for that piece.

Usually consignment commission is around 40%, so nice job.

I can't imagine how any self publisher or artist wouldn't have to pay some type of commission.  After all, the store is paying for the retail space, and has to handle the sale.

48 minutes ago, SteppinRazor said:

Usually consignment commission is around 40%, so nice job.

I can't imagine how any self publisher or artist wouldn't have to pay some type of commission.  After all, the store is paying for the retail space, and has to handle the sale.

I did give her a pretty nice piece of art as well.

I do agree with you though.

Edited by Artboy99

1 minute ago, oakman29 said:

Sure, what you tell all the girls I'm sure.

Lets face it Oak, our stuff is szhit mate :/