• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
14 14

5,098 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, B2D327 said:

Took one of my creations and stuck him in the jungle with a couple of "special guests"

guest starring.jpg

jaw-dropping.gif

On 6/7/2018 at 11:34 AM, DST said:

Found this sketch from about 25 years ago when I was 12 years old.  ASM 14 was my most coveted SA book growing up.  Sold all of my raw books a few years ago to put towards an engagement ring (marriage is bliss).  Been slowly collecting back slabs since.  I’ve owned the book again in a few different grades in that time but once again find myself searching for a copy (of course when it’s a hot book)!  Anyways, figured I’d share.

B5BC8E9C-8B6D-49EE-ABAE-BACBBE99D7B0.jpeg

did you have asm14 raw as a kid? love the drawing! 

3 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

did you have asm14 raw as a kid? love the drawing! 

I did!  That and FF48 were the biggest keys I owned raw as a kid.  ASM 300 was my favorite book but ASM 14 was the book I took most pride in owning.  Thanks about the drawing, not bad for age 12.

P.S.  LOVE your painting.  That’s incredible and really cool :headbang: 

9 hours ago, B2D327 said:

Started this one just as figure drawing practice and just let it take shape as "whoever" until it became Cap.

20180610_044730.jpg

Do you start with a template? Forgive me but I'm not familiar with art done on a computer.  If you are doing this free hand,  you have got skills my man.

9 hours ago, B2D327 said:

Started this one just as figure drawing practice and just let it take shape as "whoever" until it became Cap.

20180610_044730.jpg

Yes if you just randomly draw something it will always turn out to be Cap becausehe'sasupersoldier

3 hours ago, oakman29 said:

Do you start with a template? Forgive me but I'm not familiar with art done on a computer.  If you are doing this free hand,  you have got skills my man.

No templates. I've been drawing for as long as I can remember and just recently got this tablet after seeing what's possible when you can manipulate your image digitally. It makes correcting mistakes easier when you can enlarge portions on a big screen instead of erasing on a fixed size surface like paper, which now I'll never run out of along with ink or coloring implements that are all built into the software making things super convenient. I also appreciate the compliment but there's always room for improvement. I've just always loved drawing superheroes and try to pick up things from my favorite artists. I hope to be as good as some of them one day but being close to 50, who knows. I'll just keep enjoying it for as long as I can.