• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
14 14

5,098 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, kav said:
On 10/5/2019 at 6:16 AM, DanPiercy said:

43786633-EFAC-44CD-B41A-35380D3DF90A.jpeg

Mickey looks easy to draw but he's not.

Easier than Donald.  That dang part where his beak connects with his head.  Barks and Taliaferro !!  All the way !! 

On 10/12/2019 at 9:23 PM, Senormac said:

Process shots.  

Top one.  Cover, Spike #11.  

My concept rough. 

Jacks pencil rough.

This process of creativity, seeing a vision come to pass,  

is freakin fun !!  :grin: :banana: <3

#1 - my ink pen concept ----- 

2071348953_Spikecover11.thumb.jpg.1352a523ab4b9f2984f758da758bc262.jpg

Jack's pencil concept-----

868788337_SpikeCover.thumb.jpg.cb15dc16e8393a4db135b2986e036c6a.jpg

Jack's finished inks, soon to follow.  

The word "soon"..... is flexible for different peoples expectations  lol

Do you mean this is pencil?? That already looks inked! Amazing. Silly question, but what type of pencil is that? Mechanical, 2b lead? If it is inked, what type of inking tool does he use?  Do you actually do anything with these? or complete stories? It seems like a professional publication already. I don't know much about Spike Milligan, but it seems like a parody based on him? Definitely leads me to want more. Especially the process from inception part.

Edited by bronze_rules

2 hours ago, bronze_rules said:

Where’s all the activity? Here’s a work in progress.  More coming soon....

F9AB2CE7-32E2-41C6-8D13-02EEE5D918C3.jpeg

I really enjoy to see an illustrators intermediate steps, so if you don’t mind, I’ll show some progress...

75934FD2-AE78-4235-9001-BE7976C8023D.jpeg

Edited by bronze_rules

Continuing to think out loud... Today is one of those days where I just cannot get my brush to cooperate at all. 
Times like this, I just want to throw it away and start over. I really applaud the old brush inkers for their consistency.  I think if you are tired or having a bad day, it shows in your art! Lastly, while I used to fully blame myself, and plenty of bitter professionals will be quick to say it is just you, I found plenty of evidence showing that art tools are just getting crappier. I was reading a fairly recent interview with Sal Buscema... he said he could not get the modern brushes to work right and switched to marker type pens.  I see a lot of professionals go that route.  

Well, one last thing I’ll share.  I once read Dan Adkins say that Wally Wood tought him to burn the tip of a brush and he’d get whispery thin lines. I tried it once and destroyed the brush.  

My progress today reminds me of Bill Everett’s (faithful inks) over a scratchety Ross Andru rendition of the Defenders in Marvel Feature 1. Stan was upset about that one.  

EF72BA21-809C-4357-80A5-E63BEDD9B0B7.jpeg

Edited by bronze_rules

5 minutes ago, bronze_rules said:

Continuing to think out loud... Today is one of those days where I just cannot get my brush to cooperate at all. 
Times like this, I just want to throw it away and start over. I really applaud the old brush inkers for their consistency.  I think if you are tired or having a bad day, it shows in your art! Lastly, while I used to fully blame myself, and plenty of bitter professionals will be quick to say it is just you, I found plenty of evidence showing that art tools are just getting crappier. I was reading a fairly recent interview with Sal Buscema... he said he could not get the modern brushes to work right and switched to marker type pens.  I see a lot of professionals go that route.  

Well, one last thing I’ll share.  I once read Dan Adkins say that Wally Wood thought him to burn the tip of a brush and he’d get whispery thin lines. I tried it once and destroyed the brush.  

my progress today reminds me of Bill Everett’s (faithful inks) over a scratchety Ross Andre rendition of the defenders in marvel feature 1. Stan was upset about that one.  

I heard the story as well. I tried burning a few brushes and did get one to work. It had to be a synthetic which melted the end. It didnt last long

On 10/24/2019 at 1:41 PM, bronze_rules said:

Well, one last thing I’ll share.  I once read Dan Adkins say that Wally Wood tought him to burn the tip of a brush and he’d get whispery thin lines. I tried it once and destroyed the brush.  

My progress today reminds me of Bill Everett’s (faithful inks) over a scratchety Ross Andru rendition of the Defenders in Marvel Feature 1. Stan was upset about that one.  

When you dont feel the drawing spirit nothing you can do about it.  Havent felt like drawing myself for like 6 months.  Aside from a few portraits for kids.  Those I never get tired of.  Comics tho-I will never draw another comic page the rest of my life.  The mere thought of it makes me puke.

Just now, 1950's war comics said:

looks too easy ! i think i could do it with my opposite (left) hand  lol

try it!