• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
14 14

5,098 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

Some pumpkins. I like Halloween, but I can’t take carving to the “sculpture” level.
90D4D17D-1B89-41B2-829A-5B6F7BF9687F.thumb.jpeg.ec6c4998dbb6c29fe0b45c3d9d74464e.jpeg

These are just marker.

Goom!

Well done!  Artwork that looks simple, but not so easy to pull off! (worship)

On 10/25/2020 at 4:25 AM, the blob said:

I need to take a break from mr. Joker. Maybe do a sketch first. Free hand painting a face from scratch with WC is prone to peril.

I dont think they suck per se, the tree one is quite good actually. As you said, free handing ANY face is super hard, never mind with watercolor. I'd recommend just sketching Joker a bunch til your real comfortable with his features, then using one of those as an outline for your WC. Also might want to try other mediums. I'm decent with paint but my WC attempts would look about on par with yours.

21 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I didn't know that we get to EXPLAIN IT!! lol 

This one is based on the premise that someone went to shave

A hair sprouted, pling

It gets pulled, plong

and then 2 sprout and replace it, pling pling

Then the guy looks in the mirror and has become a Werewolf, AH! C'MON!!!......

anyway I though it was funny :D 

@kav @ADAMANTIUM 

This is not a sentence!

23 hours ago, the blob said:

I was kind of thinking it was retired joker after he's gained a little weight and he is happy and relaxed.

Keep up the good work!

WC are tough to work with! If you paint everyday it will look better!

1 hour ago, Complex306 said:

I dont think they suck per se, the tree one is quite good actually. As you said, free handing ANY face is super hard, never mind with watercolor. I'd recommend just sketching Joker a bunch til your real comfortable with his features, then using one of those as an outline for your WC. Also might want to try other mediums. I'm decent with paint but my WC attempts would look about on par with yours.

That's the challenge! I know I could do better with oils or acrylics where I can adjust and correct more, build texture, etc. Anyway, as stated I was inspired by some of the WC done by George Pratt and Joe Rubinstein (who is a better painter than illustrater)..

20 minutes ago, Comics4All said:

Keep up the good work!

WC are tough to work with! If you paint everyday it will look better!

I have been painting every day for a few weeks (before that I dabbled a few times a year... Below are a couple I posted a while ago), but the abstracts don't necessarily move the ball forward for some of these technical skills even if they come out looking cool

20181107_003717.jpg

43 minutes ago, Comics4All said:
On 10/24/2020 at 1:37 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Bring The Popcorn!!! :tink: 

over done halloween.jpg

@ADAMANTIUM I would like to know what Hallucinogenics you were on when you drew this & can you mail me some? lol

It's called COFFEE too late in the day and then trying to go to sleep, lol I thought it was hilarious haha, ah well :shy: 

That and it's almost typical of any family guy or rick and morty, if you watch 10 minutes of it.

I haven't watched either in a long long time :) 

23 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's called COFFEE too late in the day and then trying to go to sleep, lol I thought it was hilarious haha, ah well :shy: 

That and it's almost typical of any family guy or rick and morty, if you watch 10 minutes of it.

I haven't watched either in a long long time :) 

You know I am just busting your chops! 

I liked the Barbarsol shaving cream can! & the yellow egg on the chair! lol

3 minutes ago, Comics4All said:

You know I am just busting your chops! 

I liked the Barbarsol shaving cream can! & the yellow egg on the chair! lol

True story 

That "chair" used to be the sink, but the nozzle after shading it looked too falic so I edited. Live and learn lol