• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
14 14

5,098 posts in this topic

Wow, what a great thread. Excellent work everyone.

A few years ago I toyed with the idea of self publishing. Here's the unfinished title page. And, yep, it is heavily influenced by Wood, Schomburg, and Cole. ( And it's Saaf swipe to boot.)

doyle01g41280wv0.th.jpg

Wow nice to see you're still around :hi:

Nice work. I would have bought that book with art like this :D

Thanks Scrooge. :hi:

Been working. Taking a look around, there are some interesting threads I've missed.

I'll see if I can't scare up something else to add to this one.

wow! wow! wow!

so much awsome work! next time i need a commisioned pc for my wall im coming to the boards! and my brother is the rainman of sports , he would love a pc like those :) do you do comissioned work comic king?

OK - so that's three that I had in photobucket.

Not comic characters - but some of my paintings.

Watercolor & Ink on hand-made paper appox: 22"x34"

these three are all from 2007.

Lee

Here's some of mine, part of a comic book project I'm working on. The first one is a splash page at the inking phase that still need some extension on the bottom to meet the comic book format, while the second is a large panel that still need some pencil (and ink) once I finish cleaning up certain area that are not to my current taste...(these were done years ago)

Splash-clean-final.jpg

Gorilles-wide-splash.jpg

You have a fantastic style! :headbang:

Kinda OT...but here's some "photo-realistic" pen-and-ink stuff I did back in the late '70s/early '80s (at the height of my Beatles obsession) when I was in high school. They were in storage for years, but my wife finally convinced me to dig them out and display them in my music room...

let-it-be.jpg

lennon.jpg

Those are great Mikey...very cool...I've got some Dylan and Keith, Mick etc around somewhere I'll have to dig up...

:headbang:

I was into art when I was a single man.Since I got married,kids and work,take all the time. Here's one of the last pieces I did,from 1995. Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam.All pencil with airbrushed background...

998ZZZACARVED.jpg

WOW!

philsy.jpg

l_93802e802584b658e148c1c420c1ec061.jpg

tigana.jpg

Very cool...great coloring! (thumbs u