• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Creig Flessel - 1912-2008

65 posts in this topic

Scott, please tell his family he will be missed, but know that he will always be remembered in the hearts of his fans.

A true talent and an even greater man from the sounds of it.

Thanks for passing on the news, Scott. A very sad day indeed. The world has lost a great artist and from everything that you've said, a fine human being. Please pass my condolences to his family.

I hate death. Some people deserve an exemption.

Death is a door. It's a parting of ways for a time. It helps us appreciate more those that are departed.

Life is all about contrast and appreciating what is good.

I had a new goal in the past year. It was to meet Mr. Flessel.

Now I'll have to wait...

It'll be worth it.

Hope his family is doing ok.

(thumbs u

Here are some photos from a visit that Peter K (RareHighGrade), Marc N. (Houseofcomics), and I paid to Creig Flessel on April 14, 2007.

IMG_0069%28Large%29.JPG

IMG_0070%28Large%29.JPG

IMG_0071%28Large%29.JPG

IMG_0077%28Large%29.JPG

IMG_0083%28Large%29.JPG

IMG_0084%28Large%29.JPG

IMG_0087%28Large%29.JPG

Here is some Creig Flessel artwork that some of you might not have seen before:

IMG_0067%28Large%29.JPG

IMG_0068%28Large%29.JPG

IMG_0066%28Large%29.JPG

IMG_0074%28Large%29.JPG

IMG_0075%28Large%29.JPG

IMG_0076%28Large%29.JPG

IMG_0079%28Large%29.JPG

IMG_0080%28Large%29.JPG

IMG_0081%28Large%29.JPG

IMG_0082%28Large%29.JPG

IMG_0092%28Large%29.JPG

IMG_0095%28Large%29.JPG

My personal favorite of all the pieces Creig had on his wall at home:

IMG_0090%28Large%29.JPG

Thanks for posting those pictures, it really takes me back to that wonderful visit. Hawkman from the boards was there with us too.

I believe Creig also did a few comic jobs in later decades. I believe he did some Superboy work in Adventure Comics in the 50s and maybe inked an issue of Prez in the 70s. He had a syndicated strip in the 60s. So he was in comics from the beginning and never fully left.

Thanks for posting those pictures, it really takes me back to that wonderful visit. Hawkman from the boards was there with us too.

doh! You are right. I thought Justin went on another visit because I didn't see him in any of the pictures I had in that folder, but yes, he was there that day too.

I believe Creig also did a few comic jobs in later decades. I believe he did some Superboy work in Adventure Comics in the 50s and maybe inked an issue of Prez in the 70s. He had a syndicated strip in the 60s. So he was in comics from the beginning and never fully left.

Yes, he did one part of an issue in Adventure Comics in the 1950s and may have done another issue in the 1970s. You are right about the David Crane and Baron Von Furstinbed comic strips. I should have said that he left "comic books" in 1940, not comics in general. He did some amazing comics work on David Crane and Furstinbed, and drew a regular comic strip for the Redwoods' monthly newsletter every month until he died, so he never really stopped being a comic artist. :cloud9: