• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: ASM 300 , Champions #14 (30 & 35 variant), #15 variant, Ms Marvel #8 variant

17 posts in this topic

Testing the eBay waters with some CGC'd 35-cent cover price variants. Champions #14 and #15. Also a raw #14 w/ the regular 30 cent cover price.

Also a new comic lot of Batman/Hush, Smallville, 100 Bullets, El Cazador, Origin, 1602, & Supreme Power.

Plus Harbinger #1 CGC 9.6 WP, and Harbinger #2 and #3 raw.

Swamp Thing #20 CGC 9.6 WP 1st Alan Moore on Swampy

ASM #300 9.6 WP

And a raw Ms Marvel #16 1st Mystique cameo with great eye appeal, but I'd call it about a VF- to VF.

Plus my wife is selling Beanie Babies and Precious Moments (think of the the little woman in your life and how she puts up with your 893censored-thumb.gif -- it might be time to buy her something nice for the holidays...)

CGCd Variants, pre-Unity Valiants, Other Comics, Beanies, Precious Moments

slick spamming! tongue.gif :for you:

Seemed like a legit move to me. Anyone who stumbles across the regular Champions issue should be made aware of the variant I'm selling, and vice versa. Besides, what else is there to say in the title about that Champions #14? smile.gif

news.gif

The Harbinger #1 is SOLD, someone took it for the BIN price. A new high price for that ish according to GPA! thumbsup2.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

That was the highest BIN on any of my variants. I'm pleased, but when someone goes for the BIN, you always end up asking yourself what it might have gone for if it sold at auction! 893whatthe.gif

I can tell you I'm honestly stunned at what that went for, so this may be a case where the BIN made the price. I really don't think you left any money on the table with that one. That's just about the highest price I've seen by a factor of almost two for a non-key, non-high grade 35 cent variant. It's just crazy.

893applaud-thumb.gif

That was the highest BIN on any of my variants. I'm pleased, but when someone goes for the BIN, you always end up asking yourself what it might have gone for if it sold at auction! 893whatthe.gif

I can tell you I'm honestly stunned at what that went for, so this may be a case where the BIN made the price. I really don't think you left any money on the table with that one. That's just about the highest price I've seen by a factor of almost two for a non-key, non-high grade 35 cent variant. It's just crazy.

Think it might open a whole new era of sellers slabbing their variants before selling instead of going raw for high middle grades?

The buyer e-mailed me asking about other variants for sale. Possibly another collector starting up a variant collection? I didn't go out looking to see what other comics might show up as recent purchases by that individual to see if that guess has any merit.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Think it might open a whole new era of sellers slabbing their variants before selling instead of going raw for high middle grades?

The buyer e-mailed me asking about other variants for sale. Possibly another collector starting up a variant collection? I didn't go out looking to see what other comics might show up as recent purchases by that individual to see if that guess has any merit.

Yeah, it looks like, for whatever reason, he JUST started buying price variants this week. Lucky for you he didn't do any research or watch the market a little bit before diving right in.

I don't know about slabbing mid grade variants. I think it will take more than this one sale- as appealing as it is, for people to change their behavior. Part of that is based on the idea that the "regular" variant collectors, the people that would drive non BIN prices, almost certainly wouldn't have spent $200+ for this particular book. To be honest, I would have been surprised if someone had bid that book to more than maybe $125. Hence my jaw-dropped shock at the price paid.

I think it has definite 8.5 potential, but 9.0 would be a stretch.

If I remember to take it to the in-laws next time, I'll get a scan there so that I may get the boards learned consensus...

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Weird thing here...there was an ebay seller ID: warlord3 - (Paul Waner/David Morant) that sold top notch 30 cent price variants to me last and this year... I thought initially it was the same Warlord forumite...

Well, that's just an unfortunate coincidence is all. I'm not him/them/it. smile.gif Just picked Warlord as my forum name because it was always one of my fave titles as a kid and I use it sometimes as a gaming name. Maybe should have gone with Kamandi instead.

insane.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

Yeah, it looks like, for whatever reason, he JUST started buying price variants this week. Lucky for you he didn't do any research or watch the market a little bit before diving right in.

I don't know about slabbing mid grade variants. I think it will take more than this one sale- as appealing as it is, for people to change their behavior. Part of that is based on the idea that the "regular" variant collectors, the people that would drive non BIN prices, almost certainly wouldn't have spent $200+ for this particular book. To be honest, I would have been surprised if someone had bid that book to more than maybe $125. Hence my jaw-dropped shock at the price paid.

Yep, no takers on the other variants at BIN prices. Too bad eBay won't let you lower reserves or BIN prices when the reserve is not yet met or I'd adjust the others downward to see if I got a taker. So I threw in a note about free shipping to help make them a little more attractive, but I don't think that's gonna do it.