• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Wanna get Married!
19 19

1,091 posts in this topic

Here is my married success story. I posted this in another thread but I am really excited about it.....so posting again. Got the in a HA in December.  I had a copy that could provide the missing two centerfolds so now it is complete.  I do still have most of the pages from the Spectre story in an extra copy now.

F1731DFA-4736-4CAD-9306-9554342408AC.jpeg

2363B7EC-B507-443A-B237-6688936B5C7B.jpeg

A6FE2AE7-6EED-4882-90AE-BEA326D8C1A0.jpeg

5 hours ago, Aliens said:

i have seen a few on ebay but even coverless a hulk 1 can go for as much as $1000, though i do recall a really beat up copy missing the first two wraps and cover selling for about $300 a few years ago, best of luck on that

You are absolutely right...I also remember that hulk selling for $300, I hope that I can pick one up missing a bunch of pages

but with the page that I need.

I have

Coverless - Spotlight comics 3, I'd buy cover for $10, sell coverless for $5

Weird Science 27 half front cover is torn off.  Sell as is for $15, buy a full cover for $10.

Full Cover

Murderous Gangsters 1 - Buy a coverless for $40, sell the cover for $40 it's kindof beat though.

Black Terror 3:  Buy a coverless for $60, sell the cover for $120

Super Magician Vol 4 No 3 (with first 7 wraps)  Buy coverless for $5, sell the book for $15

Leading Comics 7 Buy a coverless for $10 sell the cover for $20

Batman 35 Buy a coverless for $30 sell the cover for $60

Edited by ft88

I am now looking for a cover for Detective 64 and a coverless World's Finest 2.  I am always willing to pay or trade.  I do need a cover for Pep Comics 14.  I saw one that had some flaws sold on HA recently for about 150.  Interesting that the one that is just a cover and 1 wrap on Mycomicshop is priced at over 500.  Just wow.

Got a strange one on eBay thought I was buying a slightly incomplete book, turns out I got two incomplete books. Adventure Comics 49, but the innards were Adventure 48,minus two centerfolds. Did I end up ahead or behind? Also goes without saying if you have some pieces to help me complete this I am interested

:wishluck:

074A18BB-A8A4-4217-A6CD-5CE84F935F0B.jpeg

256868B7-C510-49C1-88CC-349B74185EC9.jpeg

Edited by ender

All of these are coverless.  A new cover was made and sized to complete comics for storage until a real cover is found. 

I had so many coverless comics that I started to collect these covers and have been very pleased with the final results.

25875954727_cbe97a243b_b.jpg

27 minutes ago, ender said:

I just bought a Batman 41, its pretty nice looking but missing a centerfold.  If anyone has a centerfold or a coverless copy I would certainly be interested in purchasing or trading for it!

Thanks.

Dang, one number off, I have a cover less #42. sorry...

I need a few things of late.

Hangman 3 Centerfold or coverless copy

Detective 73 Coverless

Action 60 Centerfold or coverless. 

Marvel Mystery 39 Coverless- 

I would trade out the Covers for Tec 73 and MM 39 if I could come up with the others.

I have a cover for All New Comics #9

I have as mentioned above Cover for Detective 73

Cover for Marvel Mystery 39

I have

Coverless Batman 29

Coverless Detective 86

Coverless Detective 89

Thanks

Phillip

Edited by PKJ

On 1/17/2018 at 6:47 PM, ender said:

Here is my married success story. I posted this in another thread but I am really excited about it.....so posting again. Got the in a HA in December.  I had a copy that could provide the missing two centerfolds so now it is complete.  I do still have most of the pages from the Spectre story in an extra copy now.

F1731DFA-4736-4CAD-9306-9554342408AC.jpeg

2363B7EC-B507-443A-B237-6688936B5C7B.jpeg

A6FE2AE7-6EED-4882-90AE-BEA326D8C1A0.jpeg

Congrats! Ive had a cover for years but never found a coverless. You wanted this one in the auction more than me obviously ?

Another marriage success. 

I've found with extreme patience, it is possible.  It is also rewarding to bring together two lost, separate parts.

However, I have to say I'm not really finding it "cheap." I'm coming to conclusion after a few of these its better to just outright pay for a complete low grader to start with.

img021.thumb.jpg.72f878af8d5fa6fae77d30df671c615a.jpg

3 hours ago, path4play said:

Another marriage success. 

I've found with extreme patience, it is possible.  It is also rewarding to bring together two lost, separate parts.

However, I have to say I'm not really finding it "cheap." I'm coming to conclusion after a few of these its better to just outright pay for a complete low grader to start with.

img021.thumb.jpg.72f878af8d5fa6fae77d30df671c615a.jpg

I have figured out the same thing about cost. But you do get the satisfaction of preserving a piece of comic history when you get some marriages going, and there is some value in that.

While this thread is active I figured I might as well post what I need!

Coverless Tec 71

Coverless  Cap 12

Cover/incomplete Tec 49

Cover/incomplete action 22,

Cover incomplete more fun 56,

Cover incomplete more fun 9.

And I think thats about it.

Edited by domuhnator