• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Wanna get Married!
19 19

1,091 posts in this topic

Looking for a Bat #1 cover if there is one out there. Also, I have a nice clean coverless All Star #8 if anyone is searching for one.  It's  coverless and missing the cf.

On 10/23/2018 at 4:47 PM, 427Impaler said:

Coverless Planet 29 needed here

I had one for sale on the boards a while back. I think it is still around here somewhere. I remember it was not without its faults though. I believe it was complete but was restapled out of order at some point...coverless Planet 29 though!

I need covers for those coverless books:

Zoo Funnies Presents Nyoka the Jungle Girl #12 (Charlton)
Young Romance Vol 8 #1 (#73) (Prize)
Uncanny Tales #25 (Atlas)
Black Magic Vol 5 #2 (#32) (Prize)
Best of the West #11 [A-1 #97] (Magazine Enterprises)
Real Love #61 (Ace Magazine)
Ten-Story Love Vol 35 #1 (199) (Ace Magazine)
Love at First Sight #31 (Ace Magazine)
Boy Loves Girl #47 (Lev Gleason)
Campus Romances #2 (Avon but it may be Superior Publishers [Canada])

Diary Secrets (St John) #10 - Of course Matt Baker's artwork!

1 - 3 coverless books (Zoo Funnies, Young Romance, Uncanny Tales)

Spoiler

GAcoverless1.thumb.JPG.dfe83e05c78b75c9f7e0895cfddee349.JPG

2 - 3 coverless books (Black Magic, Best of the West, Real Love)

Spoiler

GAcoverless2.thumb.JPG.ccf9e0fbdd9acdbc4d5cbbf7c51c28b5.JPG

3 - 3 coverless books (Ten-Story Love, Love at First Sight, Boy Loves Girl)

Spoiler

GAcoverless3.thumb.JPG.659088c00f1e5f9ad0f5e9d1f3dda26d.JPG

4 - 2 coverless books (Campus Romances and Diary Secrets)

Spoiler

GAcoverless4.thumb.JPG.2075e6d808bd854cd07848c24fbf4c77.JPG

MattBakercoverless.thumb.JPG.de4cebdc42a9b409ab5b9fea28a8526d.JPG

Now I have two incompleted GA war books that need coverless copies.  Horrors of War missed two centerfolds and two wraps have cutouts and Combat Kelly missed one page.

Spoiler

GAwarbooks.thumb.JPG.a9fa4152af2e30442b8f9791279fb6fc.JPG

Now you have a challenge here....

I also added other coverless book that features early Peanuts. It came from my old family friend included my former coverless Richie Rich #1 with two missing first wraps (it was printed in 1960). I sold them all but one I still have it. The earliest was 1952 and last copy was 1963 so that book has to be in those years. Would you able to identify it? I need the solution so I will know what cover I really need.  Thanks for your help.

Edited by JollyComics

Seeking a little wisdom from the board. There is a Superman 6 on HA (part of an incomplete lot) with moderate amateur resto that based on one not great pic appears to be g/vg but is incomplete.   I do have the missing page. Book already has a married centerfold. What would more educated folks than me think approximate value of the completed book might be? Not really looking to flip the book but just don’t want to overpay by a ton either. Any guidance would be appreciated and if this is too far off the purpose of the thread just shoot it to me in a PM. Thanks folks!

On 5/29/2019 at 3:03 PM, ender said:

Seeking a little wisdom from the board. There is a Superman 6 on HA (part of an incomplete lot) with moderate amateur resto that based on one not great pic appears to be g/vg but is incomplete.   I do have the missing page. Book already has a married centerfold. What would more educated folks than me think approximate value of the completed book might be? Not really looking to flip the book but just don’t want to overpay by a ton either. Any guidance would be appreciated and if this is too far off the purpose of the thread just shoot it to me in a PM. Thanks folks!

$500?

I'm looking the cover for Zip Comics #20, either the entire wrap or just the front/back cover on their own. Condition does not matter and i'll be very generous ;)

edit: Found a facsimile cover to tide me over for now - but will take any condition cover for this issue I can find.

Edited by Sauce Dog
status update

Looking for Interior of Detective 69.  Have front cover and split pages 1-14.  Somehow missed the recent ebay auction if anyone here picked it up, let me know.

Ed

Edited by ft88

On 5/5/2019 at 8:24 PM, catrick339 said:

I'm posting regularly over in the WANT TO BUY thread,   I'd forgotten this one was  here,

I'm looking for the  first  two  outer folds  for  Action  Comics 2.  I have  the  full  cover  wrap,   and  the  rest of the interior  already,  
who has  a  coverless  copy with  a  CF  or two  missing?   I'm  prepared to shower  dollars  down on your head if   you  have  a  copy  
or  run  across  one. 

Here's  my   wonderful wrap:

kkWwZbf.jpg

Well,  I  had  a near miss,  but didn't  quite  score the parts  I  was looking  for.  

STILL  looking  for Action 2 coverless,  ANY   condition  as  long  as the first  two folds  are in  good  shape.