• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Wanna get Married!
19 19

1,091 posts in this topic

On 11/5/2020 at 7:48 PM, BB-Gun said:

49669110216_be0e298599_b.jpg

Looking for All Star Comics for sale or trade.  I have a small group of coverless that I could trade.

I need the following:

All Star 8, 9, 20 21, 28, 29, 30, 36, 38, 48, 54, 55, 57

Looking for coverless, incomplete or complete...or just covers.

(Somebody traded for an AS 55 but still looking for the other All Stars.  Lots to traded or will buy.)

Don't need All Star 30, 36 and 55 but still want All Star 7, 9, 20 21, 28, 29, 38, 48, 54 and 57

I could still use a few Batman comics.  Looking for coverless or incomplete copies of Batman 76, 84, 91, 93 and 96..

No I don't have All Star 3 and 8 or Batman 1 and 2.  I have a lot of other comics to trade or will purchase.

Edited by BB-Gun

5 minutes ago, waaaghboss said:

Not sure if you're still looking, but I thought I saw a back cover for WW2 on ebay a few days ago.

Edit

Looks like it's actually listed as sensation 2, but looking at it, it's the back cover of sensation 1.  I threw 20 bucks at it, but has 7 watchers so probably go for more.

I sold a superworld number one with two covers about a year ago and I just came across a coverless copy. 

I don’t believe the two covers copy was a double cover. The front cover had a large diagonal piece missing. 

anyway I’d love to try to join these two together. 

A marriage story - could lighting strike twice?

I purchased this odd set of Marvel Mystery Comics #42 and #44 front covers only at one time.  The were actually glued to a backing, but thanks to my wives clothing steamer I was able to get them removed from the backing intact.  Then, by almost an intervention of a higher power, miraculously, cover-less #42 and #44 showed up on HA the last auction - perfect for the same two covers I got so I can marry to the same two cover-less copies offered on HA!

I figured "what are the odds" its meant to be - a marriage made in heaven.

Given this divine inspiration, I went "all in" about 3x on each what I figured a cover-less was worth.  Alas, landed the #42 which is now married, but sadly, the perfect "lightning moment" was lost on the #44 interior.  No matter how much I thought it was worth, someone still outbid me...

comics350-scaled.jpg

comics349-scaled.jpg

1 hour ago, path4play said:

I purchased this odd set of Marvel Mystery Comics #42 and #44 front covers only at one time.  The were actually glued to a backing, but thanks to my wives clothing steamer I was able to get them removed from the backing intact.  Then, by almost an intervention of a higher power, miraculously, cover-less #42 and #44 showed up on HA the last auction - perfect for the same two covers I got so I can marry to the same two cover-less copies offered on HA!

Given this divine inspiration, I went "all in" about 3x on each what I figured a cover-less was worth.  Alas, landed the #42 which is now married, but sadly, the perfect "lightning moment" was lost on the #44 interior.  No matter how much I thought it was worth, someone still outbid me...

comics350-scaled.jpg

comics349-scaled.jpg

Congrats on that 52. On the 44, well at least you got the best part. One thing about marrying books. If you are not careful you could end up paying more than it’s worth. Sometimes, that excitement out weighs common sense. 

I have had a Cap 17 set of covers for over 45 years. A couple of years s coverless copy came up on the bay. Was so excited. I think I bid slightly over OStreet fine and still lost it. Just isn’t meant to be. 

1 hour ago, path4play said:

comics350-scaled.jpg

comics349-scaled.jpg

Congrats on that 52. On the 44, well at least you got the best part. One thing about marrying books. If you are not careful you could end up paying more than it’s worth. Sometimes, that excitement out weighs common sense. 

I have had a Cap 17 set of covers for over 45 years. A couple of years s coverless copy came up on the bay. Was so excited. I think I bid slightly over OStreet fine and still lost it. Just isn’t meant to be. 

10 hours ago, Robot Man said:

All good advice. 

I guess on the other side of that auction was another owner of an ever better cover of #44 that felt equally there was a "perfect match made in heaven".  If I went 5x, he or she might have went 6x...

It is true if you wait long enough to marry a piece it creates more irrational desire.  Aslo has happened several times I've wound up with a complete copy worth less than what I paid for the two pieces. 

Still, kind of fun to try and accomplish.

17 hours ago, path4play said:

snip

comics349-scaled.jpg

Germans never had a large bomber like the Lancaster or B-17 or at least not during the Battle of Britain.  If they had, the bombing of London would have been more devastating.

Edited by BB-Gun

Cool, thank you.  I put a bid on the WW13 but not too aggressive.  If anyone here wins it, I have a complete coverless here.

Fantastic 8 and Superworld 1 (bottom left, folded back on itself).  Also a More Fun 35 coverless available if you have cover or need an interior page - swipe right.

image.thumb.jpeg.7c93f3b48ef0b7044a99a01fc0edf080.jpeg

4 hours ago, lhcomics said:

Clink has some very nice looking covers from Daisy files on this auction. Some complete covers some just front covers, Action 12, Detective 33, Adventure 44, Detective 233, Superman 123, Mystery Men 7 & Wonderworld 13.

Covers

That Tec 33 cover would certainly be a great buy.