• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Wanna get Married!
19 19

1,091 posts in this topic

Time to reach out again. 

LOOKING FOR COVERLESS COPY OF ACTION COMICS 2, ANY  COPY WITH  THE FIRST  TWO OUTER FOLDS  INTACT

I got a complete  cover wrap  several years back,  and have managed to find  the  rest of the interior  in decent shape,  I only need
the two outermost  folds  to  marry  a complete copy.  CF missing?  Great!  Couple  pages  torn out  to boot?  Terrific!
Massive  scribbles,  tears,  cigarette  burns,  leftover  frosting anywhere  but the first two folds?  Fantastic!
Give me a holler  and  send some pix,  I'll shower dollars  down on your head!

action2.jpg

On 2/5/2021 at 6:40 PM, woowoo said:

I got a copy of Detective 71 sold as a vg on ebay paid cheap but the inside bottom by spine has a lot of splits and chunks missing. I found a coverless copy on ebay bid was 51.00 with 5 2nds left i bid 99.53 and it went for 100.53:makepoint:

I feel for you, but a $99 bid is just asking to be topped, as typically someone willing to pay about $100 for something will bid a couple of bucks over to increase the chances of winning. 

1 hour ago, rjpb said:

I feel for you, but a $99 bid is just asking to be topped, as typically someone willing to pay about $100 for something will bid a couple of bucks over to increase the chances of winning. 

My Hind site is not 20/20 any more like the rest of me :preach:

Blind.jpg

On 2/12/2021 at 6:26 AM, lhcomics said:

Clink has some very nice looking covers from Daisy files on this auction. Some complete covers some just front covers, Action 12, Detective 33, Adventure 44, Detective 233, Superman 123, Mystery Men 7 & Wonderworld 13.

Covers

I like the ones that have the writing on the cover, almost making this pedigree-esque. Does anyone know the story behind these, other than just being something Daisy used as a way to track their ads?

On 2/15/2021 at 12:16 PM, catrick339 said:

Time to reach out again. 

LOOKING FOR COVERLESS COPY OF ACTION COMICS 2, ANY  COPY WITH  THE FIRST  TWO OUTER FOLDS  INTACT

I got a complete  cover wrap  several years back,  and have managed to find  the  rest of the interior  in decent shape,  I only need
the two outermost  folds  to  marry  a complete copy.  CF missing?  Great!  Couple  pages  torn out  to boot?  Terrific!
Massive  scribbles,  tears,  cigarette  burns,  leftover  frosting anywhere  but the first two folds?  Fantastic!
Give me a holler  and  send some pix,  I'll shower dollars  down on your head!

action2.jpg

Just sell me the cover been to long for you to get the job done buddy :makepoint:

6 hours ago, woowoo said:

Just sell me the cover been to long for you to get the job done buddy :makepoint:

LOL  

I'm  66,  if  I  haven't married it into a complete book  by age 70  I'll  think about selling off the pieces  I  already own.

On 2/27/2021 at 3:39 PM, gadzukes said:

Who's got the innards to this (and a back cover).

Does MM8 share a back cover with any other comic?

IMG_4347.jpeg

Hey Todd, 

I'm going to say no other comic shares a back cover. 

Timely had 3 books with a cover date of June 1940. MM8, Daring Mystery 5 and Mystic 3. 

It looks like Daring Mystery 5 and Mystic 3 share the same BC (both with a Remind Rand exterior add and a Charles Atlas interior), but MM did not. 

Here is some interior page info for MM8 

http://www.mikesamazingworld.com/mikes/features/comic.php?comicid=44465&page=pages

Special thanks to @Primetime who showed me this site.