• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

asm #129...final price?

34 posts in this topic

Anybody notice over 1000 hits? Amazing stuff and congratulation on the sale.
I've gotten more hits before! Bah...you are easily impressed! cool.gif

pre- big# label serials are always hard to see on average size scans, but there are ways to determine if they are the arguably the same. Enlarged overlays.. may not be able to identify evey digit (particularly 5,6,8,0 ) but shapes say something, and something more if the books look identical. Also, sometimes there are unique idenifying marks on the book or debris within a slab that helps identify them.

Anybody notice over 1000 hits? Amazing stuff and congratulation on the sale.
I've gotten more hits before! Bah...you are easily impressed! cool.gif

man-whore blush.gif893naughty-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

Wishful thinking? confused.gifblush.gif

Not to worry. It's not for sale (although I've had quite a few offers of "stoopid" money for the book)

It feels good to be on the other end eh? thumbsup2.gif

Word! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Not to worry. It's not for sale (although I've had quite a few offers of "stoopid" money for the book)

What do you know about it? You've only been on one end... the better one. The day i see you throw caution to the wind and "overpay" for something without a second thought is the day you are balanced enough to truly understand stooges.gif

What do you know about it? You've only been on one end... the better one. The day i see you throw caution to the wind and "overpay" for something without a second thought is the day you are balanced enough to truly understand stooges.gif

Maybe my version of "overpaying" is different than yours. Still haven't spent over $1K on a book but it still doesn't mean that I haven't overpaid! crazy.gif

A very valid point. I can't imagine that there won't be another 9.8 down the line or even a 9.9 (gasp, heaven forbid!!!!!) There was a rumor around this summer of a 9.9 from a collector on the west coast which turned out to be just that, a rumor. That rumor brought out quite a few BSD with offers of 15K sight unseen.

Of course, if another 9.8 fails to materialize and we get closer to the movie (and the surrounding hype), people may get a wee-bit more enthusiastic about the offers for my copy. Until then, it stays in the collection with its brothers and sisters.