• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So discouraging.

7 posts in this topic

I'm happy about a lot of the strong prices realized for GA comics. I love the hobby and want it to retain strength, but it can be so discouraging trying to find or afford books that I want.

:cry: I'm just belly aching because my double guide bid didn't even get me in the ball park for this USA #10

I expected it to go high and didn't really expect to win since a book like this only comes up once in a blue moon. Did anyone on the boards win this?

Bodhee strikes again! I think he posted here a few months ago? He must have a killer GA collection because he has been snapping up killer books for years on EBay.

Indeed! :applause: When Bodhee targets a book, he bids very aggressively...

GE

Bodhee strikes again! I think he posted here a few months ago? He must have a killer GA collection because he has been snapping up killer books for years on EBay.

Indeed! :applause: When Bodhee targets a book, he bids very aggressively...

GE

Yes, he does and he has an amazing GA collection--including a 7.0 Marvel 9 :o

I'm happy about a lot of the strong prices realized for GA comics. I love the hobby and want it to retain strength, but it can be so discouraging trying to find or afford books that I want.

:cry: I'm just belly aching because my double guide bid didn't even get me in the ball park for this USA #10

I expected it to go high and didn't really expect to win since a book like this only comes up once in a blue moon. Did anyone on the boards win this?

I'm with you Mike. I was watching the auction myself, but didn't bid because I have a copy already. I was surprised it hit near $1800 doh! ...did you agree with the F/F+ grade? I was thinking F/F-. The owner also has a USA 9.

I'm with you Mike. I was watching the auction myself, but didn't bid because I have a copy already. I was surprised it hit near $1800 doh! ...did you agree with the F/F+ grade? I was thinking F/F-. The owner also has a USA 9.

I also thought it was closer to F- then F+. Another reason, I would have never bid that high. Several of my last raw GA purchases have been overgraded and one had restoration.As a result, I was fearfull of bidding as high as I did on this book.