• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SET EXPANSION REQUESTS (existing sets only)

2,533 posts in this topic

• Administrator

OK, I know that I promised new additions to the Registry after the awards were announced, so I plan on starting with the requests to expand the existing sets. I will post the requests below, so if anyone has any comments, objections, additional requests(expansions only), etc. please post them here. :blahblah:

I have been compiling a list of new sets to be added (as I had also promised) but I will not be posting that until I am ready to begin. :insane:

Here is the list of expansions:

-Batman #0 add to complete or one-shot set(to be created)?

-add French Variant to Captain America #25 in the Cap 2005 set "La Mort De Captain America" (Marvel Icons #30) and Expand to #50

-add Shi/Cyblade Special - The Battle For Independents (1995) issue to the Witchblade set since it's the character's first appearance.

-Amazing Adventures expand to #39

-Iron Man #1-100

-Add to House Of M (Complete) Set: Captain America (2005) #10, Cable & Deadpool (2004) #17, Black Panther (Marvel Knights, 2005) #7, New Thunderbolts (2005) #11

-Cry For Dawn run there are several alternate printings and limited editions not included

-Iron Man v2 add variants for 1 & 4

-Iron Man v3 add variants for 1 & 2

-Ultimate Iron Man add #1 Variants

-Complete Detective Set

-Complete Action Set

-X-Men up to #500 (complete set and complete with variants)

-Update Justice League of America to issue #21+

-Update Justice Society of America to issue #17+

-Green Arrow (2001) - needs to be extended beyond #25

-update the Gold Key Star Trek series to include the back cover variants of issues 1 thru 3

-Add to Buffy season Eight set slot for # 3 issue second printing

-X-Men -add the recently updated annuals and GS 3 & 4 from the 301 - 450 sets to the 1 - 450 sets.

now.....discuss..... :baiting:

sweet!

I was wondering about the Captain America 2005 set in regards to #34.

#34 has a 50/50 cover from Steve Epting and Alex Ross. Is it possible to get individual slots for the Steve Epting Cover and the Alex Ross cover?

Two expansions I'd like to see ...

- in "Sandman (1989)" the #50 Platinum Variant should have its own slot, and not just share one with the regular #50

- same goes for "Death: The High Cost of Living", it would be nice if the #1 Platinum Variant could be entered alongside the regular #1

The complete sets for X-Men would be awesome, thanks Gemma!

Since, there are seperate Silver, Bronze, Copper, & Modern sets I'd still like to see the 301-450 & 301-450 w/ variant Modern sets get updated to 500 for consistency.

BTW, is there a way to combine the error 381 Holofoil/Chrome variant listings. They are the same book and should all be under 381 Chrome.

Thanks in Advance!

Didn't Giant-Size X-Men 3 and 4 come out after UXM 450? Not sure if they fit in that set. hm But the new x-men sets sound sweet. Thanks

Yeah, GS 3 & 4 came out around the 460 run. They would fit in the 300-500 expansion, but if the 1-450 stays that way and there is a new 1-500 set then the GS 3 &4 should be added to the 1-500 set, not the 1-450 set... but it says "expansion" so I figure the 1-450 set will become the 1-500 or "complete" set.

I see no reason to have a 1-450 & 1-500 set. We have a crazy amount of sub-sets, they should just be expanded in my humble opinion.

:)

The complete sets for X-Men would be awesome, thanks Gemma!

Since, there are seperate Silver, Bronze, Copper, & Modern sets I'd still like to see the 301-450 & 301-450 w/ variant Modern sets get updated to 500 for consistency.

BTW, is there a way to combine the error 381 Holofoil/Chrome variant listings. They are the same book and should all be under 381 Chrome.

Thanks in Advance!

perhaps a new 300-500 set?

Didn't Giant-Size X-Men 3 and 4 come out after UXM 450? Not sure if they fit in that set. hm But the new x-men sets sound sweet. Thanks

Yeah, GS 3 & 4 came out around the 460 run. They would fit in the 300-500 expansion, but if the 1-450 stays that way and there is a new 1-500 set then the GS 3 &4 should be added to the 1-500 set, not the 1-450 set... but it says "expansion" so I figure the 1-450 set will become the 1-500 or "complete" set.

I see no reason to have a 1-450 & 1-500 set. We have a crazy amount of sub-sets, they should just be expanded in my humble opinion.

Not until I get the issues i'm missing. :baiting::kidaround:

Not until I get the issues i'm missing. :baiting::kidaround:

I got what you want, I got what you need. PM sent :D

I'd like to see the remaining Annuals added to the Avengers 1-503 set. It stops at 13 or so now.

I'd also like to see the price and cover variants added to the Avengers 1-503 set. There aren't many cover variants.

While we are talking a lot of X-Men expansion here can we also get the step-child updated:

X-Men #1-#194 (1991)

X-Men #1-#194 (1991) w/ Variants

It remains X-Men until issue 207, then becomes X-Men: Legacy with issue 208 and continues.

Could we also get the sets updated with the following annuals:

X-Men '95 nn

X-Men '96 nn

X-Men '97 nn

X-Men/Dr. Doom '98 nn

X-Men '99 nn

X-Men 2000 nn

X-Men 2001 nn

X-Men Annual #1 (3/07)

Gemma,

Originally I requested an expansion on the 30 Days of Night set,BUT on further consideration I think building a seperate Master set would be ideal.Similar to what you did with the Marvel Zombies! Thanks for your consideration. :foryou:

~Shawn H.

• Administrator

I guess I should have said expansions and divisions.

For X-Men expansions: Does everyone prefer a new set or just adding to the 1-450 to make it 1-500?

In regards to 30 Days of Night, I will add them to the list of additions. (so that would be Bloodsucker Tales, Beyond Barrow, Dead Space, Eben & Stella, Red Snow, Return to Barrow, and Spreading the Disease) Do you want them in one set? (that is what I was thinking...as for some of the titles we have only graded one issue)

I'm still working on the list I have posted and the additional requests in this thread.

I guess I should have said expansions and divisions.

For X-Men expansions: Does everyone prefer a new set or just adding to the 1-450 to make it 1-500?

I like the way the majority of the X-Men sets are laid out.

We've got:

1-450 Full set

1-66 Silver

67-93 Bronze Reprints

94-143 Bronze

144-300 Copper

301-450 Modern

I personally would just rather see the full 1-450 set expanded to 1-500, and the 301-450 modern set expanded to 500.

This way, we don't need a new set every time there is an expansion, and hopefully we could just keep adding issues every 6 months to a year like all the other long running sets.

Thanks for such interest in our opinions Gemma! :luhv: