• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A first timer's SD report + modest haul

10 posts in this topic

Hey All,

Whew, finally I can write some sort of mini SD report. It was my first time there, and for those of you who have never been there, let me just say this, it's true, that show is indeed INSANE! I hope you play football, just get your elbows up and plow through the crowds, otherwise you aren't going anywhere!

I was at SD mostly to experience the spectacle, I wasn't too heavy into getting sketches since I assumed it would be chaotic. If you are after OA, there are tons of dealers there though, so that's one place to touch and feel a page if you don't like buying online. I browsed through Albert Moy's (bought a cassaday page), Anthony Snyder, Bechara, Joe Koch, Scott Eder, Joe Gonzalez (comicartink - bought a couple of pages) and many others.

I saw a few guys from these boards, Hari and Steve Borock at Hari's dinner, Felix around the halls, and other guys from CAF chat or the comicart-l.

As for my own sketch/oa quest, my MO was simple, I was primariily after guys I don't see at other cons, either from overseas, or locals who only go to SD. Lots of those guys don't take a sketchlist so a quickie had to do. I'm also probably won't afford a Watchmen or V for Vendetta page so quickie sketches from Dave Gibbons and David Lloyd were great! I was also after a Renato Arlem Silver Surfer page for awhile, that won''t happen since I found out it's digital, but I got a Silver Surfer sketch from him instead.

This is my haul (although it includes stuff bought earlier but picked up at SD)

CAF link

I would say my highlight pieces are the Buckingham Miracleman, Alexander Tara Chace sketch, Alexander Queen and Country pages, Darrow Shaolin Cowboy, and Chadwick "prelim" Concrete Painting.

Thanks for looking and comments always appreciated - and crazy offers too if you are so inclined, even though nothing is for sale =)

Regards,

Malvin

That WWH Cover is awesome!

Thanks! That actually had nothing to do with SD! I bought it earlier and it came in on Monday so I uploaded it at the same time as my SD haul!

malvin

The Bruce Timm sketch is very cool!

Thanks! I just saw a similar one on ebay tonight, all I can say is wow..

ebay rip off!

If it sells at that price, things are truly insane, that sketch only costed me 50 bucks..

Malvin

Just look at the sellers name, with the punctuation in the right place: "Buyers! Dream Come True." And it would be a dream come true if they found a buyer at that price!