• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lot of CGC 9.8 books..or is it???

9 posts in this topic

funny stuff indeed. He says "could bea higher grade but im so picky", ??? Ive seen clogged septic tanks that were less full of S**t than this fella. Buyer beware.

Sigh, I HATE that people are starting to put things in their auction titles like Super Monkey Bone 44, 9.6! Then when you read their description they claim it is a 9.6 based on Overstreet grading standards. The books are conveniently raw, yet some sellers love to claim that the book you will be receiving would get such a sought-after grade. You and I both know that unless you are a professional grader, claiming you know your book IS a 9.6 or 9.8 is ludicrous, when in actuality opening your pocketbook to get it slabbed to prove your boast is the only way to guarantee such a grade.

We also both know that regardless of how great a sellers feedback is, that anyone using a number 9.8 without CGC in front of it has a book that would be LUCKY to get a universal CGC grade of 8.0 - 9.2 (again, if they are lucky...true 9.8 books are so rare it is laughable that anyone would claim their book is this high a grade, even books right off a comic rack would be hard pressed to receive a 9.8).

I know I am preaching to the choir, but sheesh...it is horrid for someone to claim they have books that could potentially grade so high...but NO pictures to even try to prove their boast...ack!---I would run fast and far from such a seller.

Edited to fix some typos

Christopher H.

In my private correspondence with the seller, it seems that this is a doll seller who has had huge positive feedback based on this. I don't believe this is intentional to deceive from my perceptions of from our conversation. I think that this is the first comic listing she has ever done and that he quick research into it showed that CGC graded books sell best, so list that way and her books will sell. They are not graded by CGC, but her idea that CGC grading was an offshoot of Overstreet's, therefore using her Overstreet guide from God knows when would equate it to CGc grading, made it clear that this is not what it seemed to be.