• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fluke sale...?

19 posts in this topic

no but Peter Parker v2 # 29 does sell for a premium - it's the photo cover kiss reminiscent of the scene in the movie where MJ kisses an upside down Spidey....

However there may be a thing to this MJ cover hunt..I'm shooting for the ASM 25, 42,and ?? (gogo first MJ cover issue)

Another hot issue cover I recall is an ASM annual where MJ is peeling off her shirt to reveal....a Spidey costume!!! You can read in " This is a job for... super MJ!!! "

I can definitely say that these issues that brought back Mary Jane from the "dead" (plane explosion in ASM V2 #13) and involved the Stalker storyline are extremely difficult to obtain (relatively cheap that is!).

They were just before the beginning of JMS's first storyline and had a very low print run, even compared to the already low print run the V2 books had before JMS/ V2 #36/ etc.

There is a bagged "variant" on ASM #29 that is also very "collectible" that I have a few of, but again, very relatively difficult to obtain "affordably",

Eric

another factor, and I'm not saying this should add to the hype, is that this issue is in the DVD extras under the comic Archives for the 3 books under 2001: ASM v2 1 (? not sure), ASM v2 #29, ASM v2 #36 - placed in that lineup one may be easily misled to believe there will be some premium on it.

With that same line of reasoning, any ASM issue mentioned in the DVD extras will be hot, like Erik Larsen's crappy run after ASM 328. lol! The biggest joke I thought I heard on there was that after he came on board after McFarlane, ASM sales went up even more! HAH! Talk about patting yourself on the back for riding the biggest coattails in the industry at the time. Fk'n delusional...

Eric - did this bagged variant ASM 29 have a different cover or was it bagged bc that month Marvel was including a DVD-rom to promote their website or ISP access through them? I beleive that Uncanny, Wolverine, and other Marvel books had a bagged variant this month.

The PP v2 29 is the one I'd find collectible as it is mentioned by Kirsten Dunst in her interview that the scene in the movie was inspired directly by that particular cover.

Darth,

I am pretty sure you are correct about the contents of the bag. No different cover though. I dont have access to my collection at the moment though:)

Spid V2 is definitely the most sought after as you say with the kissing scene and all, but they are all very limited in their print runs and relatively scarce (ASM #28-29 & Spid 29)...The "video game cover" annual 2001 is also a little on the scarce side,

Eric

LMAO!

Believe it or not...Ultimate X-men from Issues #1 through 6 were pretty good. The classic picture was the President of the U.S. kissing Magneto's shoes butt naked HAHAHHAA. Once it hit the Weapon X Storyline starting with issue #7, the title sure stunk. tongue.gif