• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For Sale Roly Poly 14 6.5 CGC "D" copy

11 posts in this topic

This is probably one of the most unusual and bizzare covers ever! What i find fascinating is (as compared to other decapitation covers, i.e, Crime Suspenstories #22, Fight Against Crime 20) this cover actually shows the blood oozing out of the head...CGC case has no issus. CREAM TO OFF-WHITE pages. 800 is my bottom dollar. Free shipping, paypal preferred. I had this book listed on comiclink and comicconnect and since took it off and lowered the price. If you want scans of the label, or back, just let me know.

rolypoly1400010001mf9.jpg

This is probably one of the most unusual and bizzare covers ever! What i find fascinating is (as compared to other decapitation covers, i.e, Crime Suspenstories #22, Fight Against Crime 20) this cover actually shows the blood oozing out of the head...CGC case has no issus. CREAM TO OFF-WHITE pages. 800 is my bottom dollar. Free shipping, paypal preferred. I had this book listed on comiclink and comicconnect and since took it off and lowered the price. If you want scans of the label, or back, just let me know.

rolypoly1400010001mf9.jpg

That cover is a swipe from Pep Comics #32, the Bentley of Scotland Yard story. That's the toughest Roly-Poly issue to find IMO....good luck with the sale!Shawn

64200.jpg.e2d39337b61f9cbd4919cc70d0c73130.jpg

It doesn't look so much like a swipe as it does the exact same art (or a stat of it) slightly altered. It's line-for-line an exact copy, even the rays of light from the lantern are the same, as are the woodgrain patterns on the gate.

The only differences I can see are the word "Bentley" removed from the stones and the trickling blood is different.

What a great comic though! Awesome cover. :)

I just won this one in the heritage auction :banana:

pep32.jpg

I like the Roly Poly as well.... and the bizarre connection to the book I just got. If I didnt have so many irons in the fire with the CLink auction I would probably pick this up. Someone on the boards should, its a cool book.

I just won this one in the heritage auction :banana:

pep32.jpg

I like the Roly Poly as well.... and the bizarre connection to the book I just got. If I didnt have so many irons in the fire with the CLink auction I would probably pick this up. Someone on the boards should, its a cool book.

I was going to bid on that book, but I totally spaced it off lol Now I'm glad I didn't since it sold (relatively cheaply, even) to a fellow boardie :)

Fortunately, I still have my CGC 7.5 copy...

I wasnt sure if what I paid was a good price or not. I figured early Peps are pretty rare, and I had already been beat on the big book I wanted, so I took a shot at this one. I'm looking forward to seeing it in hand, it looks pretty nice from the scan.