• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTF We're thease peopl thineking?

15 posts in this topic

I saw that, and bid on some yesterday - but when I saw mid-grade copies going for over guide with a scan that size, I just laughed and watched them go crazy.

The fact that all the photos were taken at an angle surely was hiding some serious spine stress.

But in the description, it says VF/NM. While I agree that might be a stretch, it could probably get a VF+ (assuming no other defects).

Regarding the X-Men, I think it's time for me to sell my unslabbed #4 , as it is definitely better than a FN. thumbsup2.gif

Those were some high prices. foreheadslap.gif

While I agree that might be a stretch, it could probably get a VF+ (assuming no other defects).

Even without seeing the back cover there is no way that book is about to get a VF+... makepoint.gif ...or in CGC lingo...8.5 ... tongue.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I agree that might be a stretch, it could probably get a VF+ (assuming no other defects).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even without seeing the back cover there is no way that book is about to get a VF+... ...or in CGC lingo...8.5 ...

While I agree that the book has at least 7 clear spine stress lines, I don't see anything else (but a little bit of blunting on the top left).

To me, a book that only has some slight spine stress, but doesn't have corner crease or significant edge wear (like overhang creases and tears), could be a VF+.

While the majority of my books are Gold and Silver, the one's that are in VF condition, in general have a lot more wear than I can see in this book.

Which actually leads to a point I wanted to make which is:

I really believe that a picture of a book in a CGC case does not show anywhere as many flaws as unslabbed books. Rarely ever can I see non-color or faint breaking creases in a CGC case from a picture. Usually, the book is pressed flat enough that the defects can't be seen. Yet, in an unslabbed book, because the book is not pressed as flat (especially on the spine), non-color or faint breaking creases seem to be easier to see.

Just my opinion.