• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First SA Appearance of Captain America?

69 posts in this topic

Just now, Primetime said:

Correct on the TOS issues. Thanks. However, Avengers 5 is a Paul Reinmann ink job and Sgt Fury 13 is Chic Stone. 

Sorry, I meant Avengers #8, the one with Kang (which was reprinted in Avengers #5 in the UK).  Stone only inked the cover of Sgt. Fury #13 - Ayers inked the interior pages.

On 11/14/2003 at 1:18 PM, Foolkiller said:

CBG should know better. It's clearly noted in OS... and I think any semi serious fan of the SA knows this fact.

p.s. to all who read my post earlier, i'm a http://66.223.50.238/images//graemlins/893censored-thumb.gif insufficiently_thoughtful_person for spelling "know", "no"

would you please tell me what this means? IM me if if it's naughty.

7 hours ago, Chaykin Stevens said:

Sorry, I meant Avengers #8, the one with Kang (which was reprinted in Avengers #5 in the UK).  Stone only inked the cover of Sgt. Fury #13 - Ayers inked the interior pages.

Agreed on the A8, and SF 13 is Stone inking just on the cover. (thumbsu

Edited by Primetime

On 1/9/2021 at 11:54 PM, HuddyBee said:

Have you read both Hawkman's GA and SA origins? Going from reincarnated Egyptian prince to Thanagarian Alien Police Officer is a pretty big change lol

Sure they have similar looks and powers, but they definitely do NOT have similar backstories.

Ok, I give you the backstories, but they do have similar looks and powers - something which is not the case for the two entirely different superheroes named the Atom. I don't think people would think the two versions of Hawkman are entirely different superheroes if they were told their powers and saw them side by side. Then they would just think they were different incarnations of basically the same superhero (like the Flashes). That is not the case, I argue, for Atom. Put them side by side and people would, correctly, assume that they are entirely different.

Edited by Adamster