• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

51 pages arrived in the mail today (50 Gonzalez & 1 Schultz)!

19 posts in this topic

Next up, the complete 18-page story to Vampirella #23, the complete 12-page story to Vampirella #30, the complete 12-page story to Vampirella #65 and the complete 8-page story to Vampirella #112 by the incomparable Jose Gonzalez! (worship)

Getting a complete Gonzalez Vampi story had long been near the top of my want list, and getting an example of his early, middle and late work on the series would have been ideal. I was thrilled to be able to get examples of all 3 in one fell swoop. Many thanks to Steve Morger - if only all deals could be completed this smoothly! :applause:

Here are the splashes from the #23 story:

64515.jpg.c0d50aebceb99c9699b0343e3244336a.jpg

64516.jpg.89383a790624514f4ce68b95167deb5d.jpg

And a couple of pages from #112 - a beautiful splash page and one of the panel pages which showcases the simply unbelievable mastery of this hugely under-appreciated master artist. (worship)

64523.jpg.a6f167ade4da17f70561e8974a094c28.jpg

64524.jpg.a7c8138614c0a57d5a8d83a49919eef0.jpg

Thanks, everyone! :acclaim:

Yes, you definitely have to worry about anyone who owns that much Vampi art! That's why you have to buy a non-Vampi piece every now and then, to quell people's suspicions...hmmm. :insane:lol:P

No, not "retiring" by any means after this haul. I think Stephen said it best when he channeled Michael Corleone: everytime I think I'm out, they pull me back in! There's still a lot of stuff out there that either is currently or could be of future interest to me...I think you guys will have me to kick around for a while yet. :grin:

:o

I've been getting into the Spanish artists from the Warren era (Morger's fault:pullhair:). Just some stunning stuff, esp. Gonzalez's interiors. If you wanted to show what a fan you are, I guess FIFTY pages in one shot should do it lol

Congrats!