• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your CGC 9.9's and 10.0's

1,307 posts in this topic

Here's my one and only. Put in a bid that was about $100 less than what it previously sold for and won. I was very surprised but I really needed to see what a 9.9/10.0 looks like in addition to bolsetering my DKR set. :)

batmandkr3cgc990119120003.jpg

Very nice :applause:

Awesome Book.

1. How does it look compared to a 9.8?

2. How does CGC grade a squarebound on the inside? If you open a DKR it will leave the spine a mess.

I own two 9.8s in addition to the 9.9 so the comparison will be easy. The stress is on all three books because CGC must go through it, so I'm guessing it doesn't count against the grade (I will say, however, that the stress is much less noticeable on the 9.9). Every #3 I've seen has a small problem with the top right corner on the back cover and it is no different with these three copies. On the 9.9, there is only a tiny bit of fraying which I wouldn't even call damage. It looks like it was just how the paper was cut. One of my 9.8s has a very small tear and the other has an 1/8" crease on that same corner. There are about three or four tiny imperfections along the edges of the 9.8s but the 9.9 has only one, and that one is on the back.

Quite simply, when you look at the 9.9, you know it's in a whole 'nother league. :)

I haven't posted in a long time. I hope everyone's doing well (Steve, Shawn, Danny and everyone else). Here are my 9.9 and 10.0 books. I love that DT LRH 9.9 :applause:

0763870006O.jpg

A mislabelled #4 1:50 variant that fits in the regular #4 slot

0796026004O.jpg

And the book in the variant slot

0146276008O.jpg

0769930011O.jpg

0788098003O.jpg

0145060028O.jpg