• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: My entire collection (not a joke)

325 posts in this topic

Good girl art (GGA) is found in drawings or paintings which feature a strong emphasis on attractive women no matter what the subject or situation.

from wikipedia :shrug:

Thanks for the clarification (thumbs u In that case, yes, I do have a few more GGA Planets to list at some point.

I always understood Good Girl Art to be any attractive girl on the cover that didn't fall into one of the other two categories;

Bondage or Bad Girl Art.

Speaking as a GGA collector, good girl covers are books with covers of women that are drawn good/well, usually drawn in action or in compromising situations. I consider bondage and bad girl covers to be in the same boat as GGA.

Speaking as a GGA collector, good girl covers are books with covers of women that are drawn good/well, usually drawn in action or in compromising situations. I consider bondage and bad girl covers to be in the same boat as GGA.

You mean good isn't "Good"? doh!

I thought Good Girl Art was like Wonder Woman or other Female Heroines with or without super powers.

And Bad Girl Art was like Vampires and other female evil doers or stuff like Reform School Girls.

I thought Good Girl Art was like Wonder Woman or other Female Heroines with or without super powers.

And Bad Girl Art was like Vampires and other female evil doers or stuff like Reform School Girls.

There are a few Wonder Woman books that may be considered good girl art, but I would say very few. Most often, she is not drawn in a sexy enough manner to be considered GGA IMO. Reform School Girl is definitely a bad girl book, and I wouldn't classify Reform School Girl as good girl art (she is not drawn well enough). When people say good girl art, they are talking about stuff like:

All Top #8 onward, Blue Beetle #46 onward, Claire Voyant, Dagar, Exciting #57 onward, Fight Comics, Jumbo Comics, Jungle Comics, Rangers Comics, Rulah, Seven Seas, Zoot, etc.

Usually, the women in GGA take up a large portion of the cover. The more popular GGA artists are Matt Baker, Jack Kamen, Alex Schomburg, and Al Feldstein.

so "good" refers to the quality of the art not the intentions of the girl? (shrug) GA is weird :screwy:

so "good" refers to the quality of the art not the intentions of the girl? (shrug) GA is weird :screwy:

I always took those designations literally. :busy:

No, male GA GGA collectors, are weird...(nice, but weird) ...it took me a few weeks to figure out that they were NOT talking about cars, when they mentioned "Headlights".

The GGA art covers, are also very colorful, something that some of us, find very attractive :cloud9:

so "good" refers to the quality of the art not the intentions of the girl?

Exactly. Put simply, if the quality of the art is such that the girl is "hot," then it is GGA. The intentions of the girl can determine if a book is placed in a subsection of bad girl art. For example, Blue Beetle #50 (woman with a knife) and #51 (woman stealing money). Both are good girl covers because they are drawn well, and both are bad girl covers (due to their intentions).

so "good" refers to the quality of the art not the intentions of the girl?

Exactly. Put simply, if the quality of the art is such that the girl is "hot," then it is GGA. The intentions of the girl can determine if a book is placed in a subsection of bad girl art. For example, Blue Beetle #50 (woman with a knife) and #51 (woman stealing money). Both are good girl covers because they are drawn well, and both are bad girl covers (due to their intentions).

So they would be Good Bad Girl Art comics? ^^

Now what if the girl was in bondage, but bad too...? :tonofbricks:

Wow. Lesson learned.

I never knew "good" referred to the art. In my head it was always the intentions of the girl.

Nice to know I'm not the only idoiit here. :D:hi:

If anyone has their Overstreet #6 and wants a perspective from over 30 years ago, there's an article in there by Carl Macek entitled "Good Girl Art--An Introduction: Why it Was and What it Was" (pp. 38-43).

So they would be Good Bad Girl Art comics? ^^

I guess you could say that. I would classify it as a Good Girl/Bad Girl comic :P

Now what if the girl was in bondage, but bad too...?

If it was a girl with bad intentions, in bondage, with an attractively drawn woman, then I would classy it as a GGA Bad Girl Bondage cover :)

If a 12-year-old boy would act guilty if he got caught looking at it, it has good girl art.

That is a pretty good way to put it. (thumbs u

Somebody buy some books so he doen't say eff-it and move them all over to Clink... (shrug):sumo:

(I'm waitin' for the SA...)

(Sorry to hear you're selling off Adam and hopefully not to meet some problem to solve...regardless, I wish you the best with your sales! :headbang: )

Tom