• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What happened to Theo Holstein?
1 1

173 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, relic113 said:

Lol - Theo Holstein is still an old scammer.   I made an offer on a Bill Ward for $1500 from him on eBay and he messages and says $1750.   I say ok.    

2 days later he says he changed his mind and he will only sell it to me for $2000 outside of eBay to avoid fees.   I say no thanks.

He then says he would never sell it for less than $25,000.  (Yes, that is not a type-o).   

I say no, and he emails me regularly for weeks after trying to sell me other ...  

A while later, I see another one of his Bill Wards on Hertiage... I win the bid.   Then it turns out that it was just a high-grade print under the frame, and Hertiage had to refund my money.

Oh Theo... Will you ever win? 

Is he still selling as preduction on Ebay?

8 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Heritage sold you a framed print as an original? Well that sure instills confidence...hm

I’ve known Theo for ages. Never tried to buy anything from him but sold him a few things. Always a long, drawn out tough process. Almost always made me feel dirty and screwed. Hey, my choice though I guess.

That being said, I always enjoy talking to him. He is a very knowledgeable and passionate collector. Fun to talk to. But like so many long time people in this hobby, pretty weird. Something about this hobby really brings this out in so many people I guess. 

I have learned to keep it short with people like this. And if I don’t like dealing with certain folks, I just don’t. 

So, long-time collectors are weird, huh?  I will have to speak to my alien advisors in the mother ship about that slanderous comment...:whatthe:

2 minutes ago, Cobbledclam said:

And back to Theo....I found he was always just trying to harness his inner Burt. He was also a little bit Captain of Captian and Tenille with his sailor hat and casual yachting attire. 

Once again.....

IMG_3854.JPG

IMG_3859.JPG

IMG_3855.JPG

He still wears one of those hats last time I saw him...:roflmao:

5 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

So, long-time collectors are weird, huh?  I will have to speak to my alien advisors in the mother ship about that slanderous comment...:whatthe:

Well, yeah. I also consider myself a little weird to be paying what I do at my age for funny books. 

And, yeah, many weird or very weird old collectors and dealers. I won't be the one to start the list...