• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's time for GPA to start reporting Comiclink Focused Auction results
1 1

217 posts in this topic

I would imagine that someone raised hell and had the sale removed. Have you checked other auctions to see if they are still represented in GPA?

I have not checked other closed ComicLink auctions to see if they are listed in the GPA.

The DC Special #29 was on my radar so I had screenshots of the book.

If someone raised hell and had the book's GPA sale removed, that is wrong, wrong, wrong.

Are any previous auctions still available on ComicLink to check against GPA. I checked with my Northland X-Men 54 as I remember the sale price, but it is not reflected in GPA.

Cap Freak had a screen shot posted in another thread somewhere of a ComiLink auction book that made it into the GPA listing as well. I had tried to find it, but I don't remember the thread.

Found it.

Edited by DrWatson

I would imagine that someone raised hell and had the sale removed. Have you checked other auctions to see if they are still represented in GPA?

I have not checked other closed ComicLink auctions to see if they are listed in the GPA.

The DC Special #29 was on my radar so I had screenshots of the book.

If someone raised hell and had the book's GPA sale removed, that is wrong, wrong, wrong.

Like that's ever stopped Josh in the past... meh

We should all email C-Link and ask him why comic link is not associated with gpa? What do you guys think??

Well, we could, but we already know why Josh won't report.

He only wants to report specific sales, but not everything. New GPA highs are fine, books that tank are not. (thumbs u

The sale that Josh 'deleted' was a new GPA high.

We should all email C-Link and ask him why comic link is not associated with gpa? What do you guys think??

Well, we could, but we already know why Josh won't report.

He only wants to report specific sales, but not everything. New GPA highs are fine, books that tank are not. (thumbs u

The sale that Josh 'deleted' was a new GPA high.

But it looks as though he's getting them all removed. hm

1 hour ago, grayzr said:

I don't have GPA but could someone explain the need for it in the first place?

between go collect and heritage archive what is the benefit of using something like GPA?

The more information you have at your disposal, the better off you are as a buyer.  Doesn't mean you have to strictly adhere to those numbers, but it's nice to have a ballpark to start the negotiations when you're buying or selling.

1 hour ago, entalmighty1 said:

The more information you have at your disposal, the better off you are as a buyer.  Doesn't mean you have to strictly adhere to those numbers, but it's nice to have a ballpark to start the negotiations when you're buying or selling.

Thats my point. Since the comic market these days is so volatile why not just use gocollect? they provide averages over 24 months from eBay. Some books as far back as 2011.

Heritage has results from the past decade or longer. 

Why pay over $10 a month for an estimate price range?

2 hours ago, grayzr said:

Thats my point. Since the comic market these days is so volatile why not just use gocollect? they provide averages over 24 months from eBay. Some books as far back as 2011.

Heritage has results from the past decade or longer. 

Why pay over $10 a month for an estimate price range?

GPA captures those points as well as others.  I guess the convenience factor is part of it for me.  I like clicking one button and seeing all of it.  (shrug)

34 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

GPA captures those points as well as others.  I guess the convenience factor is part of it for me.  I like clicking one button and seeing all of it.  (shrug)

After doing some research I can see why people like gpa.

I did not know there where charts and all kinds of other info thats manageable.

I can see how people who buy and sell many slabs can benefit from it.

Personally I am surprised so many people provide data to GPA for free (unless they are being paid for the data).  Data is one of the most valuable assets a company owns, just look at the valuation of Facebook, that ain't because they provide a platform to post your kitty pictures on.