• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spawn #1 Club
3 3

453 posts in this topic

Spawn_1.jpg

Like most people here I have around 10. I will scan one tonight or maybe I will post my #1 black variant cover heheh

Variant? There was a variant cover. Acck, I need it.

What was this from? Was it published at the same time as the original or later?

S-V

The Black & White #1 is from 1997... Spawn #1 was from 1992.

It's a variant from five years later, if there is such a thing. :grin:

Come to think of it, the Black & White #1 doesn't belong in a discussion of "Copper Age". :baiting:

This thread is a riot. :applause:

Thanks Point Five, kept my nose clean for a while but starting to get my weird sense of humour out of the closet.

Just for the record I think Spawn was a great character, I'm just making fun of all the copies that are buried in our collections.

I've only got 1 copy of #1, BUT I have a shhitloadd of #'s 7,8,9, 10 love that

Cerebus, 11,12,13,14,15,16, can I join ? Can I, can i ,, cani??

spawn.jpg

Yer in!! :acclaim: Best pile of Spawn posted so far. Careful what you show us or you may end up President of this prestigious organization.

I sent a big colored picture of Spawn into Wizard hoping to get it published... I'm definitely not an artist tho. This was the best thing I'd ever drawn (especially with color!) I spent weeks and weeks on it and finally got up enough nerve to send it in. It was a tough decision b/c I knew I wouldn't get my drawing back, but I really thought it was going to get printed, so I decided that would be ok.

Of course, I did not get published... and did not get my picture back.

boo. I stopped drawing Spawn after that and started trying Battle Angel Alita. :)