• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: 200+ raw golden: Batman, Supes, horror, sci-fi - NOW 10% OFF

145 posts in this topic

You're missing the point. What people have been saying is that you're lucky most of the time on eBay b/c people can't judge how bad your grading on the book is. You know it and you're taking advantage of it. That's what we don't like.

We can grade better than the average eBay buyer (or at least we assume that) and we can see how egregious the bump you give is. We disagree but we feel that no matter where the venue is, the grade advertised should be the same.

The fact that you knowingly inflate the grade on eBay to take advantage of those that are less informed is what we don't like. I can tell you that, I, also, will not deal with someone exhibiting that kind of behavior. Moreover, the fact that you are silly enough to even mention it in writing does not help your case.

Good luck with the sales ...

You're missing the point. What people have been saying is that you're lucky most of the time on eBay b/c people can't judge how bad your grading on the book is. You know it and you're taking advantage of it. That's what we don't like.

We can grade better than the average eBay buyer (or at least we assume that) and we can see how egregious the bump you give is. We disagree but we feel that no matter where the venue is, the grade advertised should be the same.

The fact that you knowingly inflate the grade on eBay to take advantage of those that are less informed is what we don't like. I can tell you that, I, also, will not deal with someone exhibiting that kind of behavior. Moreover, the fact that you are silly enough to even mention it in writing does not help your case.

:applause:

and defend it like we are all supposed to be cool with it :roflmao:

Well said... :applause:

As to the comment about "Ebay Grading" I've been on Ebay quite a long time, and as far as I know, the STANDARD is Overstreet...I've never heard of "Ebay grading" except from this thread. I was on the Ebay comic chatboard for many years, some of the members put together a guide to selling comics, the ONLY grading guide they quoted, was Overstreet, and that guide to selling was the only GRADING or other guide, posted on Ebay in relation to comics.

I get kind of upset when I see comments like the one I saw at the top, there is no reason to overgrade, if you KNOW you are doing it...I can certainly understand a mistake in either direction, I'm not perfect, no one is perfect, but it's a shame to make a statement like you did, because it gives Ebay sellers a bad name in general...and that is just not factual...in fact, MOST people try to do a good job. I know I'd buy from Steve 143sk, ANY time, because he is always consistant, HERE and on the board, and he's fair...that's just one example because I saw his post;) but there are many others.

I want to deal with people who are fair to others.

Well said... :applause:

As to the comment about "Ebay Grading" I've been on Ebay quite a long time, and as far as I know, the STANDARD is Overstreet...I've never heard of "Ebay grading" except from this thread. I was on the Ebay comic chatboard for many years, some of the members put together a guide to selling comics, the ONLY grading guide they quoted, was Overstreet, and that guide to selling was the only GRADING or other guide, posted on Ebay in relation to comics.

I get kind of upset when I see comments like the one I saw at the top, there is no reason to overgrade, if you KNOW you are doing it...I can certainly understand a mistake in either direction, I'm not perfect, no one is perfect, but it's a shame to make a statement like you did, because it gives Ebay sellers a bad name in general...and that is just not factual...in fact, MOST people try to do a good job. I know I'd buy from Steve 143sk, ANY time, because he is always consistant, HERE and on the board, and he's fair...that's just one example because I saw his post;) but there are many others.

I want to deal with people who are fair to others.

Very well said Sharon (thumbs u

I would have to say that the boards have always been alot safer to buy from then Ebay. But this current influx of sellers has left me not buying. I mean the same old sellers yes, but too many new sellers. And I dont have the extra money to gamble.

Another point would be most members who plan to be here awhile dont mind being corrected on grading. I have improved greatly from the boards, and other people I deal with. I have no problem calling a book a vf, because it is. I really dont care for the term, grading is subjective either, that is a cop-out. Some people are tight graders, some are average. The two will butt heads here and there but nothing drastic like a full grade off.

I feel bad, the guy seemed nice when we initially spoke. But he seems very firm that over-grading is the norm. Why not just learn to grade if you want to sell comics ? You would have alot more business and more positive feedback.

I dont think the boards will be so forgiving like Ebay will.

Some examples of your neutral or positive feedback.

Overgraded by one full grade, but packed securely, shipped quickly.

Whatever dude. You try selling 30,000 raw comics on ebay for 10 years and see if you don't find a few people who disagree with you sometimes (but leave a positive comment anyway)

C'mon, you already admitted that you overgrade on purpose. Sure lots of sellers overgrade on Ebay but you know the Overstreet grading guidelines that have been the standard for almost 40 years. I would bet that almost every person that has made a post on this thread has received books from Ebay sellers that were overgraded by Overstreet or CGC standards and it wasn't worth the $$ to pay for return shipping. Plainly put, we feel ripped off.

On the plus side, you provide large scans and allow buyers to at least grade for themselves. 6000 transactions with nary a complaint about the item not arriving shows that you are very honest in regards to sending what you sell.

Almost every day a thread is started on this board complaining about another overgraded purchase from Ebay. When you start a selling thread on this board stating that you deliberately overgrade on Ebay you gotta expect us to get a little heated.

Most of us regularily post our comics on a grading thread and I think you should consider doing the same. I also think you will have more sucess selling on this board if you accurately grade your comics instead of telling us to look at the scans and downgrade the stated grade.

I'm not trying to start a war, I just hope you realize that grading is very important to us.

Very well said Sharon (thumbs u

I would have to say that the boards have always been alot safer to buy from then Ebay. But this current influx of sellers has left me not buying. I mean the same old sellers yes, but too many new sellers. And I dont have the extra money to gamble.

Another point would be most members who plan to be here awhile dont mind being corrected on grading. I have improved greatly from the boards, and other people I deal with. I have no problem calling a book a vf, because it is. I really dont care for the term, grading is subjective either, that is a cop-out. Some people are tight graders, some are average. The two will butt heads here and there but nothing drastic like a full grade off.

I feel bad, the guy seemed nice when we initially spoke. But he seems very firm that over-grading is the norm. Why not just learn to grade if you want to sell comics ? You would have alot more business and more positive feedback.

I dont think the boards will be so forgiving like Ebay will.

(thumbs u (thumbs u

this thread has be nervous about buying on Ebay.. even 100% positive feedback isnt trustworthy

I only buy GA books on ebay.

My GA collection average grade is VG-

It is pretty hard to try and pull a fast one on me. I know my low grade, and ask the right questions.

But HG...

Blow the money on sctratch offs over ebay.