Can this be undone?

6 posts in this topic

9,043 posts

I saw this auction tonight where the original art was altered for a later reprint w/ whiteout and paste ups. Can it be undone to show the original?

link

Edited by BrianR

9,043 posts

Maybe Westform can chime in as he owned the pages before.

2,401 posts

I was wondering the same thing myself when I saw the auction.

9,043 posts

I know there are paper restoration techniques. I'm not sure if they could remove all the whiteout and how it would aafect the inks. The there ius the problem with the glue under the word ballons. It would be pretty cool to bring the double page spread back to what it was meant to be.

5,411 posts

Let's say that it's possible to remove the whiteout over the title..... what if you remove whiteout that Colan used on the original artwork?

1,741 posts
I saw this auction tonight where the original art was altered for a later reprint w/ whiteout and paste ups. Can it be undone to show the original?

link

I think it could be done although don't know if it's worth the price.... also, I recall sort of that there is some new art drawn on like the credit box on the right. I don't think you could remove that. But, I do think a restorer could remove whatever whitout you wanted removed and leave whatever whitout you wanted to stay. DF