• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Harley Troy said:

I really can't imagine how Kirkman is going to tie up this  book in one issue. There is so much to "wrap up" and I guess maybe I'm just pissed that its ending.....

Me too, I was hoping that this book was going to go for many more issues.

Edited by maraxusofkeld

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

ME TOO.  WHich cover are you getting?

I wanted both, got the last copy of each from my LCS!

Having just finished reading it, I'm going to need to read it again, I think it was really good actually, I'm just in some sort of denial, and of course there are a few cliffhangers within the last issue that give me some hope for a comeback at some point?!

Invincible is the best comic out there and I'm sure going to miss it.

5 hours ago, bigclutch said:

I've love to hear what you guys thought about the issue. When I read it a few weeks back, I had to take a pause at my desk before reading it again. I feel it was a pretty fantastic way to end the series.

Was perfect. Tied up a lot of loose ends, dropped a few new threads, packed an emotional wallop. Beautiful art. Just awesome man, awesome

I loved it. Very skillfully crafted with jumps in time and it was FUNNY again. You can tell a lot of time was spent on this -script because it just hit all the things that made the series so great & fresh in its early years. This book has been in my pull for years and I'm bummed to see it end, but I would rather it end than meander. Ryan Ottley is one of my favorite artists (and, yes, I know Cory Walker drew the last half of the issue ?). I will pick up most anything he draws. Thanks, Invincible!

Edited by DanPiercy

On 2/15/2018 at 3:22 PM, bigclutch said:

I've love to hear what you guys thought about the issue. When I read it a few weeks back, I had to take a pause at my desk before reading it again. I feel it was a pretty fantastic way to end the series.

It was awesome!  Sad to see it go, but I think they'll revisit the Invinciverse in comics somewhere down the line.

Ottley will probably get tired of working for the big 2 after doing it on his own for almost 15 years.

I was really disappointed by the final issues. 

When the last issue came out, the beginning felt so formulaic.  

As it moved on, it felt like a re-tread of the series with his kid. 

But by the time the issue ended, I was truly impressed.  A respectable ending for a great book.  

Patrick

20 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I haven't looked specifically lately, but the normal issues always do well. 1-12 then hit and miss to around 20. 
1, 10-12 always do well.

I love reading your Moderns Heating Up EBay report you often do! Keep up the good work