• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Its not a bad investment cheap. These books have gone up and down several times. Years ago I was getting close to $50-100 raw for 11 and 12.

The growth I have seen is 13 to around mid 20s currently. 

Some of the variants of 50, 75, and 100 are good as well due to low print rusn.

44 does well.  One of my favorite issues.  Copy went for $50 today.  I ended up buying a page from that issue. 

110 has continued to maintain a solid price.  $30 isn't too shabby.  One of the few I bought quite a few of as people here didn't seem to care and it sat on the shelves for months. 

Of 13 thru 20, I sure did enjoy 15.  Who isn't down for some fish love. 

Patrick

Edited by followtheleader

6 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

44 does well.  One of my favorite issues.  Copy went for $50 today.  I ended up buying a page from that issue. 

110 has continued to maintain a solid price.  $30 isn't too shabby.  One of the few I bought quite a few of as people here didn't seem to care and it sat on the shelves for months. 

Of 13 thru 20, I sure did enjoy 15.  Who isn't down for some fish love. 

Patrick

Invincible 60 2nd print has been a slammer for a while.. I remember buying that issue off the rack at my LCS... I was astonished to see one of the very few Image crossover events.... hasn't been that many in almost twenty years not including Image United

3 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Invincible 60 2nd print has been a slammer for a while.. I remember buying that issue off the rack at my LCS... I was astonished to see one of the very few Image crossover events.... hasn't been that many in almost twenty years not including Image United

Same concept unfortunately didn't translate to the Spider-man/Invincible crossover. 

Marvel Team-up 14 does okay at $15.  

Patrick

1 minute ago, followtheleader said:

Same concept unfortunately didn't translate to the Spider-man/Invincible crossover. 

Marvel Team-up 14 does okay at $15.  

Patrick

Won't pass on that book the next time I find it in the cheap boxes ... Image Summer Special FCBD is also another early 2000s Invincible Image team up

I remember a few years ago I came across a FN copy of #1 with an asking price of $60 that I passed on. Regretting that decision, now, but I’m glad I picked up a VF copy of #2 for $15 that same day. I did pass on a CGC 9.8 copy of #2 for $100 a couple of years ago, but that would’ve been a wise purchase in retrospect.

23 minutes ago, BishopT said:

I remember a few years ago I came across a FN copy of #1 with an asking price of $60 that I passed on. Regretting that decision, now, but I’m glad I picked up a VF copy of #2 for $15 that same day. I did pass on a CGC 9.8 copy of #2 for $100 a couple of years ago, but that would’ve been a wise purchase in retrospect.

Hindsight is 20/20

I'm wrapping up the 3rd compendium now and really enjoying the Invincible ride.  I posted this over in the sketch thread from Aquemini Arts so figure ill drop it here.  Im also looking for an Invincible 1 and paying Gocollect pricing for graded copies if anyone has a lead (would consider raw but not at graded pricing).

20200524_193919.thumb.jpg.5f25e249c39215d22907cd426a8f3343.jpg

18 minutes ago, GLCBrad said:

I wonder what the impact of an Amazon trailer would be for the pricing of this series

atomic ... it was series that's been around for nearly 20 years with no serious media noise and always been expensive.. now add a trailer to the mix... it would probably do what Ghost Rider in Agents of Shield did to Marvel Spotlight 5... It would take away hope for collectors who missed the boat in snagging an "affordable" copy

Edited by littledoom

35 minutes ago, Keys_Collector said:

I'm wrapping up the 3rd compendium now and really enjoying the Invincible ride.  I posted this over in the sketch thread from Aquemini Arts so figure ill drop it here.  Im also looking for an Invincible 1 and paying Gocollect pricing for graded copies if anyone has a lead (would consider raw but not at graded pricing).

20200524_193919.thumb.jpg.5f25e249c39215d22907cd426a8f3343.jpg

who's the artist?.. really captures Invincible really well

47 minutes ago, littledoom said:

atomic ... it was series that's been around for nearly 20 years with no serious media noise and always been expensive.. now add a trailer to the mix... it would probably do what Ghost Rider in Agents of Shield did to Marvel Spotlight 5... It would take away hope for collectors who missed the boat in snagging an "affordable" copy

:wishluck:

On 1/25/2019 at 3:28 PM, valiantman said:

The problem with Larry's Limited Edition is that no one (besides Larry) knows how long they can be sold easily in large quantities.  The "unknown" of whether Larry's copies are going to be available forever has been keeping the price low... forever.  In 2011 he said that 1,600 copies were printed and that he got stuck with 1,500 copies after a convention flopped and he didn't get it given away for free.  He said he sold them in 10-packs (with large quantities going to CGC board members) and that he still had 650 left at the time (2011).  So, combined with not knowing how many are left, or how many could show up any moment due to various boardies having big quantities, there's the initial concept that it was supposed to be a free comic... and people don't like paying for things that used to be free. :preach:  "Back in my day, you could just ask Larry for a copy and he'd give it to you'uns."

Besides what you mentioned, the Larry's edition is a reprint. It came out way after the real #1. That will always keep it way behind the OG. 

2 hours ago, Real Elijah Snow said:
On 1/25/2019 at 2:28 PM, valiantman said:

The problem with Larry's Limited Edition is that no one (besides Larry) knows how long they can be sold easily in large quantities.  The "unknown" of whether Larry's copies are going to be available forever has been keeping the price low... forever.  In 2011 he said that 1,600 copies were printed and that he got stuck with 1,500 copies after a convention flopped and he didn't get it given away for free.  He said he sold them in 10-packs (with large quantities going to CGC board members) and that he still had 650 left at the time (2011).  So, combined with not knowing how many are left, or how many could show up any moment due to various boardies having big quantities, there's the initial concept that it was supposed to be a free comic... and people don't like paying for things that used to be free. :preach:  "Back in my day, you could just ask Larry for a copy and he'd give it to you'uns."

Besides what you mentioned, the Larry's edition is a reprint. It came out way after the real #1. That will always keep it way behind the OG. 

It doesn't help that CGC slabs it with the same date as the original. :frown: