• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, SquareChaos said:

Grats on the pick up - I wonder where the price will go now? What was the height, $700? More?

Waiting to see the finale, I wonder how 'final' it'll be for our boy Invincible... I'm hoping it can be resumed at some later date if Kirkman changes his mind.

Time will tell I guess, but I'm guessing it will be FINAL.

Jerome

On 2/13/2017 at 2:43 PM, jump_ace said:

Time will tell I guess, but I'm guessing it will be FINAL.

Jerome

I'm still holding out hope for a spin-off.  Also, Kirkman mentioned a possible show, again, in Penvincipals.

5 minutes ago, jump_ace said:

A show would be great, but I want a YTLM show more :shy:

Jerome

These things have no connection to each other, since it isn't an either / or, I'll take both thank you very much!

And I don't see there ever being an Invincible anything after they kill the comic - if they couldn't swing it with one actively in print how does it get off of the ground afterwards? 2c

1 hour ago, SquareChaos said:

These things have no connection to each other, since it isn't an either / or, I'll take both thank you very much!

And I don't see there ever being an Invincible anything after they kill the comic - if they couldn't swing it with one actively in print how does it get off of the ground afterwards? 2c

What you talking about Willis? Preacher wasn't in print...nor was Scalped

2 hours ago, BradGLC said:

What you talking about Willis? Preacher wasn't in print...nor was Scalped

That's true. 

Maybe I'm being unfair towards it since it's a super hero book and not a cheap-to-make affair. 

It doesn't have the same respect or acclaim as those more grounded books either. Certainly not Preacher.

I still don't think it'll happen though even following your correction. This book never gained the kind of traction those stories did. Maybe I'm just bitter. 

With 130+ issues of fantastic material, the series is too good to be shelved. TWD show has been on for 6+ seasons and they just recently passed the 100 issue mark. The real question remains; will anyone watch a show about a comic, that, by today's standards, not a lot of people read?

I'd love a Tartakovsky cartoon. 

4 hours ago, simplyrob said:

With 130+ issues of fantastic material, the series is too good to be shelved. TWD show has been on for 6+ seasons and they just recently passed the 100 issue mark. The real question remains; will anyone watch a show about a comic, that, by today's standards, not a lot of people read?

I'd love a Tartakovsky cartoon. 

I see a lot of people talk about an animated show, but I imagine that to be an even harder hill to climb... at least it's much, much cheaper.

How faithful of an adaptation are we talking about? I think that is where the rubber meets the road. For me, it'd have to be really faithful, but I think that's a hard sell considering the violence and some of the themes... unless whomever backs it is fine aiming at a niche market. My guess is they'd make the comic (even more) like Dragonball hoping to tap into that audience.

Anyway, most of my comments are towards a film or live action show, the chances for those seem very small to me, but if it's a faithful adaptation, I'd love to be come on here and mea culpa.

On 2/23/2017 at 3:00 PM, bigclutch said:

Not sure if you guys have seen these yet. They'll debut at ECCC next weekend and then be online sometime soon.

-shawn

Invincible Fig Comp.jpg

Shawn, they look great! Who made em? Also, plans for more figures? 

Invincible peoples! Mike B and I are putting on a contest in the Invincible FB fan group for the final arc and we are giving away prizes to the winners! If you're interested, there are only a few days left to enter! 

"End of All Things Contest"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/355118541359902/permalink/676143512590735/