• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

I get the feeling Mark is going to learn something new during this journey that effects the status quo when he returns.

Odds look like it could be about his dad. But that may be too obvious, so I'm curious what Kirkman has up his sleeve for the next issue.

Wonder what the news is that is teased on the letter page?

It might be as banal as a McFarlane toy line or it could be ... I don't want to jinx myself. Let's hope for the best! He doesn't tend to throw lines like that out there in letters columns unless he's serious.

Wonder what the news is that is teased on the letter page?

It might be as banal as a McFarlane toy line or it could be ... I don't want to jinx myself. Let's hope for the best! He doesn't tend to throw lines like that out there in letters columns unless he's serious.

McFarlane toy line would be awesome! Way I see it is they had to say something to keep people interested to come back in 1/3 of a year. The further we get into the life of Invincible, less and less I see any type of film/show becoming a reality. I guess I'll be ok with that.......eventually.

The further we get into the life of Invincible, less and less I see any type of film/show becoming a reality. I guess I'll be ok with that.......eventually.

It's taking 24 years to get Doomsday onto the big screen, and the whole world knew Superman died.

Walking Dead may be the one everyone can name, but it's still just "People Arguing And Sometimes Zombies Show Up".

Invincible could be something very big.

The further we get into the life of Invincible, less and less I see any type of film/show becoming a reality. I guess I'll be ok with that.......eventually.

It's taking 24 years to get Doomsday onto the big screen, and the whole world knew Superman died.

Walking Dead may be the one everyone can name, but it's still just "People Arguing And Sometimes Zombies Show Up".

Invincible could be something very big.

I understand point one and totally agree (very much so :yawn:) with point two, but I am unfortunately skeptical with point three.

While I am a HUGE fan of the comic, I think this one is tougher than most traditional hero books to make. If nothing else I am concerned that the necessary inclusion of so many other characters who come in and out (Game of Thrones style) that the writing simply would be overwhelming.

Hope it happens though!

Well, last I heard, Kirkman wanted to make Invincible like a GOT series. I'd be way cool with that, but, that's gonna take a lot of work. I just feel like Kirkman doesn't have the time. Maybe this hiatus is really pre-production for that?

Well, last I heard, Kirkman wanted to make Invincible like a GOT series. I'd be way cool with that, but, that's gonna take a lot of work. I just feel like Kirkman doesn't have the time. Maybe this hiatus is really pre-production for that?

I agree, he is stretched extremely thin. To the point where some of his series are on a mindbendingly slow release schedule.

What can you do though, what he writes is great!

To the point where some of his series are on a mindbendingly slow release schedule

Walking Dead, Outcast, and Invincible have all been pretty regularly released. Can't say I like the Saga breaks, but, whatever. Honestly, I think it's the incorporation of the Outcast show that brought on the schedule change. I don't think Kirkman has been writing the scripts forTWD, I just think overseeing everything is taking its toll. The money that Invincible is bringing in compared to TWD powerhouse franchise is probably completely insignificant to Kirkman.

EDIT: I do have to reiterate how much I would love a properly done Invincible show/film

Edited by simplyrob