• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

Hey Invincifans!

I had to stop in and share my new CGC book. Those of you that know me know that I am a huge Invincible fan, my favorite series overall. I have a full comic run with most of them signed by Ottley and/or Kirkman. This year at New York Comic Con I submitted my #1 for grading and have had my fingers crossed for 4 months waiting to see what grade I would get. Needless to say I am very happy! I am now the happy owner of 1 of the 30 CGC 9.8 Signature Series in existence!

FullSizeRender%203_zpsltzej0xh.jpg

And for reference... the current CGC census.

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-12%20at%209.07.29%20PM_zpsixfav2by.png

Hey Invincifans!

I had to stop in and share my new CGC book. Those of you that know me know that I am a huge Invincible fan, my favorite series overall. I have a full comic run with most of them signed by Ottley and/or Kirkman. This year at New York Comic Con I submitted my #1 for grading and have had my fingers crossed for 4 months waiting to see what grade I would get. Needless to say I am very happy! I am now the happy owner of 1 of the 30 CGC 9.8 Signature Series in existence!

FullSizeRender%203_zpsltzej0xh.jpg

And for reference... the current CGC census.

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-12%20at%209.07.29%20PM_zpsixfav2by.png

Man, those numbers feel low for a modern key. Do you think there are tons of raw copies floating around?

On a similar note, finally got me one of these little 9.8 gems in the mail today as well. That only took YEARS. But yay! :cloud9: Had a chance a couple Baltimore Cons ago to buy a blue 9.8 for $500 and passed after much deliberation that day. Regretted it ever since. So had to get in on the bidding for this one on eBay a couple weeks ago....

Invincible%201%20SS_zpslrhhiv6t.jpg

On a similar note, finally got me one of these little 9.8 gems in the mail today as well. That only took YEARS. But yay! :cloud9: Had a chance a couple Baltimore Cons ago to buy a blue 9.8 for $500 and passed after much deliberation that day. Regretted it ever since. So had to get in on the bidding for this one on eBay a couple weeks ago....

Invincible%201%20SS_zpslrhhiv6t.jpg

:golfclap:

Strong!!

Hey, I'm curious what y'all think about the big news being that Cory is coming back for an arc. I was hoping for a show/film development announcement, but, Cory coming back is good too, although, I'm pretty sure that means no OA.

Hey, I'm curious what y'all think about the big news being that Cory is coming back for an arc. I was hoping for a show/film development announcement, but, Cory coming back is good too, although, I'm pretty sure that means no OA.

Are we sure that's the news? If it is, that's kind of disappointing.

Are we sure that's the news? If it is, that's kind of disappointing.

Well, I have a good source that confirmed that is indeed the news.