• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

I'm just a fan that started a Facebook page to talk with other fans, and Skybound said "Hey, want to make this official?" So we did. I'm interested to see what comes out of this. Ryan can't really do anything else for the year in case anything falls behind but would love to see him get far enough ahead to be able to pick up a Marvel/DC Miniseries and increase his profile.

Interview is up on IGN with Cory :) and I'm really happy to see a few issues with Cory back. Still waiting for more Science Dog :P

And just to confirm Rob what you said about OA

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/01/19/invincible-artist-cory-walker-on-returning-to-mark-graysons-world?%3A+ign%2Fall+%28IGN+All%29

IGN: Would you say your art style has evolved much since the last time you worked on Invincible?

Walker: I don’t know. Not much, if at all, probably. I do think though, that if there is a noticeable difference it is because I’m working all-digital whereas in the past I was inking with real pens on real paper at a real desk, etc. So, I dunno. Some things are almost definitely going to come out looking a little weird, as I haven’t had any digital sequential work published yet. It will be interesting seeing what worked and what didn’t and when I should have maybe zoomed in a little less when inking that tiny figure in the background. Otherwise, though, I don’t think anyone is gonna be confusing me for any other artist or anything. It’s still the same old Cory Walker nonsense.

Edited by Tuff Ghost

Can we talk about the Invincible 50 Williams Variant? Anyone know the print run? There is one copy on eBay at an outlandish price (sorry Ryan) in 9.8, and a few raw copies at crazy prices as well. There is no GPA data that represents any rarity. What am I missing here?

Williams Variant 9.8

Williams Raw 9.0

Can we talk about the Invincible 50 Williams Variant? Anyone know the print run? There is one copy on eBay at an outlandish price (sorry Ryan) in 9.8, and a few raw copies at crazy prices as well. There is no GPA data that represents any rarity. What am I missing here?

dude. talk about crazy. a 9.8 #1 with Kirkman and Ottley sigs just sold for under $500. maybe people aren't crazy about the gold labels, but, damn.

dude. talk about crazy. a 9.8 #1 with Kirkman and Ottley sigs just sold for under $500. maybe people aren't crazy about the gold labels, but, damn.

:shy::hi:

I couldn't resist trying for another copy. I spent years waiting for one, and now suddenly I've won two golds within a couple weeks. But I'm with you, I was ecstatic that it ended so low. I suspected it might though, as the auction was ending late Sunday after a long NFL playoff day and during a long holiday weekend, so potential bidders may have been out partying / boozing later than they normally might on a Sunday. That's my theory anyway. In any event, yay me!

It's a good book, Holiday. A friend and I were talking yesterday and we came to the conclusion it ended so low because of the Ottley sig. He may be the lead artist on the series but isn't really attached to that issue. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful book and I think you got a smoking deal on it. Prob why there wasn't so much heat and fever for it.

Congrats again!

It's a good book, Holiday. A friend and I were talking yesterday and we came to the conclusion it ended so low because of the Ottley sig. He may be the lead artist on the series but isn't really attached to that issue. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful book and I think you got a smoking deal on it. Prob why there wasn't so much heat and fever for it.

Congrats again!

Interesting thought. Could be, though that doesn't bother me in the slightest. Now to get a regular ol' blue 9.8! lol

Hey!!

Hit my first two 9.9s ever on invincible books! 15 and 19 both 9.9 as part of a pre-screen I sent in.

I'll post pictures when they come. :banana:

congats! i like that 19 cover! titan has always been a fav of mine!