• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, GLCBrad said:

here's a thread from this particular book. It's just like all the phantom variants, they haven't really held value but are cool in their own right.

I think a lot of Variant copy interest is from the alternate covers. This cover is almost exactly the same save for a couple minor differences.

Thanks.  Interesting read.  I think I paid $10 for a NM/NM+ copy so I'm happy with the pick up and I'm sure it will only go up with the regular cover going sky high.

18 hours ago, SquareChaos said:

Yeah the Larry's variant is the red-headed stepchild of Invincible. Certainly worth $10 in NM+, but the regular cover is the way to go.

I've been on the fence about getting one.  Would be nice to have, but I'm too fixated on obtaining the regular cover and other keys.

On April 6, 2017 at 11:04 AM, ChrisInBaltimore said:

Do a lot of books actually go down? I thought they saw spikes than maintained... then spiked again. 

This book is a different animal simply because of the following it has. We are a small group. When people find out how good this book is, they are going to want it. They will have a hard time finding it though. 

I always thought that if there was any universe and comic that could challenge Marvel's Spider-man or DC's Superman/Batman that it would be The Invinciverse and Invincible.  I'm still hoping this book gets the praise and exposure it deserves!  More books!  

On 5/24/2017 at 8:38 PM, 400yrs1 said:

I always thought that if there was any universe and comic that could challenge Marvel's Spider-man or DC's Superman/Batman that it would be The Invinciverse and Invincible.  I'm still hoping this book gets the praise and exposure it deserves!  More books!  

I call argumentum ad populum on this one.  It's like comparing Maroon 5 to Radiohead.  The former being similar to the commercial junk that Marvel/DC put out.  The latter simply competes with it's own standard of excellence.

Edited by Ecranu

Once Invincible went 'cosmic' I enjoyed the cast of characters / universe more. The Earth-based stories, with the Guardians of the Globe, and the various bad guy of the week types were still entertaining thanks to the skills of everyone involved, but... there were few compelling characters outside of Mark and Nolan. For me, those exceptions were Dinosaurus, Angstrom Levy, and Robot.

I really like a lot of things about the Viltrumites, and the various arcs involving them, but lets face it, they're basically Saiyans (rather than the likely aimed for Kryptonians?) Frankly, it amazed me when I read somewhere that Kirkman claimed to have never seen or read Dragonball. I wonder if they'll get a makeover on the big screen.

It really raised the bar for me, when it went 'cosmic'.  I had only two subscriptions left, at the time (Invincible and TWD).  Invincible became so epic, I ended up cancelling TWD.  One can only take so much of the backwater scene.

Sad, book is firing on all cylinders right now and no discussion. Maybe everyone is just bummed it's almost over?

Ottley art is looking better than it ever has and Kirkman is wrapping things up beautifully, big big things coming. Looking forward to whatever is coming!

So far, this ending has been really boring.   It's wrapping up way too neatly.  

I just pray that he has some interesting twist to end the book.  Like that weird cave Twizzler creature actually never let Mark go and the Viltrumites actually took over everything.  

Patrick