• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

hm

Interesting.... Buzz me when they are in. You know my type. ;)

Most are on the slow boat. I may have a couple complete runs. lol

SS, Universal. Maybe I'll just take over the registry. ;)

Ah man! I really do not like you right. Nice haul!

They will all be available. I have a few sets to finish before even thinking of starting a new set. I don't collect ongoing series. (thumbs u

Read 5-9 tonight. Guardians of the Globe... We just met! :sorry:

Read 10-14 tonight...... It's getting good (thumbs u

Some interesting developments. It's also cool to pickup a series already so far in development so I can get some perspective again on story development. When we pickup a brand new #1 and are kinda, meh, I've had better, we are not really getting a good representation of the series.

It really does take an arc at minimum to start passing definitive judgements on a series. Just keep that in mind boys when starting a new series and throwing it down after one issue. I can't say that I would have kept reading Invincible based on issue #1 alone, but I'm glad I am headed down this path.

My 2c

wasnt what just happened AWESOME??! it was mind blowing!

My wife is always like, WHAT!?, when I'm reading a comic and goes....... Oh *spoon* !!!

lol

And yes, mind blown. Yep, good stuff and very much Kirkman in tone and twist.

Read 10-14 tonight...... It's getting good (thumbs u

Some interesting developments. It's also cool to pickup a series already so far in development so I can get some perspective again on story development. When we pickup a brand new #1 and are kinda, meh, I've had better, we are not really getting a good representation of the series.

It really does take an arc at minimum to start passing definitive judgements on a series. Just keep that in mind boys when starting a new series and throwing it down after one issue. I can't say that I would have kept reading Invincible based on issue #1 alone, but I'm glad I am headed down this path.

My 2c

Yea I really agree with this thought about Invincible. The first arc was OK, but man did it take off in the second and so on. I feel like it only gets better for some time. Viltrumite war might be the dropping off point, but I still enjoy it every month.

And I'd go as far to say this title might be Kirkman's best work.