• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

I've been giving this book a lot of love in the Super Hero thread I started. I figured I'd give this thread a bump.

I've re-read almost the entire series this week. I think the thing that really strikes me is how unconventional Kirkman is with the plotline in comparison with other books. It never feels like story arcs written for trades, but rather one continuous story. The book is paced and flows so perfectly.

Hoping to see that "shipped" status soon to see what grades I got!

Me too :wishluck:

I bought an Invinci' one, but it's not as high a grade (raw) as I would like. Probably a 9.0 book.

I'm officially in the hunt for my copy. I've emailed a bunch of people letting them know I'me looking. I'm hoping at Baltimore in September I'll get a copy :wishluck:

I've looked numerous times in the past, but never taken the plunge for some reason.

I'm smack-dab in the middle of compendium one. I got side-tracked and need to finish it...

and..... what do you think of it?

I like it so far, but know it gets even better according to everyone telling me so. I can see how the early issues are laying the foundation for something bigger down the road. I think I need to read some tonight (craving it now).

R

I'm smack-dab in the middle of compendium one. I got side-tracked and need to finish it...

and..... what do you think of it?

I like it so far, but know it gets even better according to everyone telling me so. I can see how the early issues are laying the foundation for something bigger down the road. I think I need to read some tonight (craving it now).

R

When you say the middle, what issue?

The Viltrumite story you're about to read is pretty good. It introduces Oliver who is a main character.

However, in my opinion it slows down after that for awhile. Just stick with it.

The series was always good, but it got that "great" feeling later for me. The issues in the 60's and 70's are when Invincible became my favorite book. (I also read the other titles you mention, so we have the same tastes.)