• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

didya finish??

I did not. I read TWD113 and was going to read some of my other new floppies (EoW5, Saga13, Uber4, GotG5, Bedlam8, and a few others), but I got caught up in a mini Minecraft marathon (no judgment). It's raining, so I'll be reading today. :banana:

more power to you, being able to wait to read most of those flopies youve listed as well lol

Not by choice. I recently changed my comic shipment to a monthly so I just got them in yesterday. In the process of switching things around to get my pull list on a weekly and pre-orders on a monthly (can be adjusted if needed).

Edited by ItsJustRyan

So I just finished my re-read. I believe I started Monday so with all the extra issues in the Ultimate Collections and what not I read 112 issues of this series in 6 days! It never felt like a chore either and I literally had trouble stopping to go do other things.

Personally, I think the book meanders a bit after the Viltrumite War storyline. It hits its low point from around 95-101 ish. It picks back up with the whole Nolan issue that intrigues me. I won't spoil it.

It is sad that the Everyone Dies storyline was just so awful though. The whole nonsense with Bulletproof and his backstory was really off putting. Kirkman knew it when he broke the wall (something he does a few times) and spoke to the reader. That still didn't help though.

I also found issue 99 really lame. It was all huge splash pages. I didn't notice it the first time I read it, but there isn't a single panel. It is like they went lazy in preparation for issue 100 or something.

Then 100 was sort of a let down.

Those are my only complaints about the entire thing though. The book is just outstanding. The supporting cast almost all intrigue me. Kirkman has done a great job capturing the class super hero book while putting a new, creative spin on it. Mark is a great character, and Kirkman ages him well as the book goes.

Kirkman wrote Invincible Universe I would probably read it on a more regular basis, and I'm tempted to buy the few issues I missed. Guardians of the Globe seemed to go in so many directions though. I love Todd Naucks art.

I'm excited to see where the book goes with the new development though. So much so that I was pulling up future solicits to see when it was coming out and get some hints about where it is heading.

Ok I'm starting to ramble. I'm on the hunt for a copy of issue 1 though. Every time I read the series I go looking but I've never pulled the trigger. I'm officially going to now.

Ryan Ottley is in Baltimore this year... I need to look in to this and see what he does at shows.

He books up almost instantly. He does awesome work but maybe a little expensive compared to some but he doesn't half it at all. He has prints and OA pages and is genuinely one of the nicest people to talk with at shows.

Oh yea I forget names! Cool stuff.

Ryan Ottley art can be gotten for a decent price. Most of the cool stuff has been grabbed already, but he sells EVERYTHING. I'm going to have to pick some up when I get some money.

He Either sells or burns everything.

Oh yea I forget names! Cool stuff.

Ryan Ottley art can be gotten for a decent price. Most of the cool stuff has been grabbed already, but he sells EVERYTHING. I'm going to have to pick some up when I get some money.

He Either sells or burns everything.

As a person he's not the smartest fella. He's been on a bit of a twitter rant recently about how he hates zombies and can't wait for the fad to end. Just bizarre.