• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

Seems cheap for a #1 even if it s a retailer variant.

Invincible #1 cgc ss 9.8 Kirkman and Corey Walker

Item number: 121160599792

Sale price: $78.89

End time: Aug-23-13 18:50:56 PDT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121160599792&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBUAA:US:3160

That is because it is the Larry cover. I'm not sure why it isn't in more demand. It has a smaller print run then the regular cover.

Ordered the first Omnibus on amazon. Should arrive in the next few days.

Got a busy weekend ahead (thumbs u

Great :golfclap:

Now remember: The first is good, but the series really gets going in the second and third collection. Actually, what issues are collected in the Omnibus? Do you mean Ultimate Collection? The issues from 13-30ish really get the book rolling.

Now remember: The first is good, but the series really gets going in the second and third collection. Actually, what issues are collected in the Omnibus? Do you mean Ultimate Collection? The issues from 13-30ish really get the book rolling.

Omni #1 is 1 - 48

Omni #1 is 1 - 48

Oh perfect!

Just traded for a Invincible #1 this week :cloud9:

Whats the condition and what did you give up?

Condition is most likely a 9.2-9.6 (depending on how the grader is feeling). Traded an extra Saga #1 slabbed 9.8, and also got back a F/VF ASM #54. Probably not a great deal, but considering I paid 4 bucks (plus slab fees) for the Saga, it works for me.

Still reading my compendium one (need to hurry up - busy)

I've never read a compendium and only really handled it for a few seconds here and there at the shop but I'm worried its going to be just too damn big and clunky to read lying in bed.

How are you finding it? Easy to handle? Comfortable?

Just traded for a Invincible #1 this week :cloud9:

Whats the condition and what did you give up?

Condition is most likely a 9.2-9.6 (depending on how the grader is feeling). Traded an extra Saga #1 slabbed 9.8, and also got back a F/VF ASM #54. Probably not a great deal, but considering I paid 4 bucks (plus slab fees) for the Saga, it works for me.

No, that's a great deal. I'd do that in a heartbeat. You traded an awesome book in saga 1 but that book outnumbers Invincible print wise 4 to 1 and you got a nice ASM. Good trade. I'd probably do it just for the saga straight up (and I already have a few copies of Invincible 1).

Edited by 400yrs

Still reading my compendium one (need to hurry up - busy)

I've never read a compendium and only really handled it for a few seconds here and there at the shop but I'm worried its going to be just too damn big and clunky to read lying in bed.

How are you finding it? Easy to handle? Comfortable?

It's not reader friendly (heavy/cumbersome), but it's wallet friendly ($44 for 48 issues). The best way (I have found) to read a big volume like this is to sit in a comfortable chair and put a big pillow on your lap to hold the book and make it comfortable to read.

So cool hey! Ryan said it's going to be a print for an upcoming con. I hope there will be some left over in his store. I'm going to HAVE to get one of those.

Where did you hear that? I'll have to find one. Is it a reprint of the actual first issue or a variant on a later issue?

So cool hey! Ryan said it's going to be a print for an upcoming con. I hope there will be some left over in his store. I'm going to HAVE to get one of those.

Where did you hear that? I'll have to find one. Is it a reprint of the actual first issue or a variant on a later issue?

http://ryanottley.tumblr.com/

"In honor of Jack Kirby’s birthday today, here’s my first Kirby homage. Going to Salt Lake Comicon or Baltimore Comicon? These prints will be available. Come see me! Also thanks to Kelsey Shannon for doing some awesome colors!

Ryan"

There is also a cool Usagi Yojimbo one. Yeah so these are just 11x17 prints. They aren't a cover to a variant issue or anything.

Edited by Tuff Ghost