• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ADAM HUGHES GALLERY
13 13

1,297 posts in this topic

I like the use of the red terran soil and blue space serve as counter points to the red/blue of her costume.  Really highlights her history as a cosmic hero versus her Earthly heritage (as well I assume as the direction the book is going to take her).

Captain Marvel #1 (2019)

Trade Dress (1:25)

Virgin (1:100)

image.thumb.png.787b2db276d3a5c9d05496a29d92b13a.png

1 hour ago, ExNihilo said:

I like the use of the red terran soil and blue space serve as counter points to the red/blue of her costume.  Really highlights her history as a cosmic hero versus her Earthly heritage (as well I assume as the direction the book is going to take her).

Captain Marvel #1 (2019)

I hate to say this, as I am a Hughes fan, but to me, that neck is way too long.

32 minutes ago, manetteska said:

I hate to say this, as I am a Hughes fan, but to me, that neck is way too long.

I've heard multiple people say this. It's the perspective of the view. It's not very often that artists will not use some type of "go by".

32042631-attractive-young-model-with-bright-make-up-looking-up.jpg

Edited by ygogolak

4 hours ago, ygogolak said:

I've heard multiple people say this. It's the perspective of the view. It's not very often that artists will not use some type of "go by".

32042631-attractive-young-model-with-bright-make-up-looking-up.jpg

I get the perspective but it still doesn’t feel right. Maybe it’s the coloring. 

I came across this cover last night when checking the prices on the old Hughes Captain Marvel cover. I think this new one is ok. But I'm not crazy about her facial expression. The hair reminds me of the better Supergirl cover as they both have the hair up thing going.

On ‎2018‎/‎12‎/‎13 at 11:42 AM, ExNihilo said:

Captain Marvel #1 (2019)

I like everything about this image except for the head/ facial expression.

20 hours ago, SpeedforceKJ said:

I'd love for AH to do a Flash cover. the only time I've seen him do Flash is on Wonder Woman 197, and that was a horrible looking Flash to me. 

He did a cover on the Just Imagine Stan Lee Flash