• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ADAM HUGHES GALLERY
13 13

1,296 posts in this topic

On 1/22/2019 at 9:36 AM, ygogolak said:

Looks like it could be getting shilled though. Same two bidders pushed both over $100. And the one bidder retracted a bid once they realized what the high price of the other bidder was. Now that retraction bidder is high on a 3rd listing.

I was one of the insufficiently_thoughtful_persons who bought one for $200+. Oh well. Got it slabbed. I love this cover.  

3E3711AE-CE9C-4F49-9C10-20D80955358E.jpeg

52 minutes ago, Remyvt said:

Great choice Wonder Woman 184 has been my favorite since I started collecting Hughes. 

It just arrived today. It’s hard to describe how much more awesome this book looks in person. 

On 9/27/2019 at 5:53 PM, Second Blight said:

1:50 for $85 ?  Yea, nope. Pass

I've heard that the Dejah Thoris Black Bag Risque Virgin #1 is <= 200 printed. I'd also heard that it's not a ratio as it was marketed as Black Bag Risque Virgin Variant LTD at a $100 MSRP ($65 wholesale). The last one on eBay went for $150 unslabbed and there are 3 on census, all 9.8's. 

https://www.cgccomics.com/census/grades_standard.asp?title=Dejah+Thoris&publisher=Dynamite+Entertainment&issue=v3+%231&year=2019&issuedate=2019 

It is his only non-implied nude cover for a continuing series.

Update:

cover C was a standard variant misprinted in the comic cover gallery as “Art by ... Lisner” when it’s just a trade-dressed, censored, wraparound Hughes cover.

1:50 is the Black Bag Risqué which has trade dress

No formal-ratio @$65 msrp (confirm?) ”limited edition “virgin” wraparound” 

no formal ratio @$100 msrp “ limited edition black bag risqué “virgin” wraparound”. This is a copy of the 1:50 ratio version but “virgin” and the rarest of covers printed. Contact suspects only 225 were made but didn’t give details on why that number. Perhaps people on this forum know more about the printing process than I do.

image.jpg

Edited by xNerdyThingsx
Additional details.

10 hours ago, OtherEric said:

This thread is due a bump.  I've posted this elsewhere but I don't think I've actually shown it in this thread:

Supergirl_Legion_23_var.jpg

It’s his best cover in my opinion. Some might say it’s the best cover printed in the modern age. It’s my favorite for sure. 

7 hours ago, Summydad1 said:

It’s his best cover in my opinion. Some might say it’s the best cover printed in the modern age. It’s my favorite for sure. 

It's definitely a candidate for both.  It's a stunningly beautiful piece of work.