• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ADAM HUGHES GALLERY
13 13

1,301 posts in this topic

^^^ Zatana complete set?!?!?

Yep; that place has some high prices on "key" issues but the sets are generally under-priced. TMNT 1

I didn't want to go away empty handed so picked up the Zatanna set for $40. Last year they had the Hush set with 608 2nd print for $60 or so.

California?

^^^ Zatana complete set?!?!?

Yep; that place has some high prices on "key" issues but the sets are generally under-priced. TMNT 1

I didn't want to go away empty handed so picked up the Zatanna set for $40. Last year they had the Hush set with 608 2nd print for $60 or so.

California?

:thumbsup:

Does he sometimes not initial his covers for some reason?

What do you mean? I don't think it would be on purpose. It also could be covered by the dressing.

I would say it's both: sometimes it's not signed and sometimes it's covered by comic items added on top.

[this may be an example of that, or my bad eyesight; I can't see a sig on this one: UNCHARTED Variant Cover 1 ]

Also, his earlier work does not have the traditional "AH!" signature but a more straightforward sig:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Justice-League-America-33-1989-signed-Adam-Hughes-/291981920205?hash=item43fb7a87cd:g:1z0AAOSwvt1WRAeF

Hughes was in Baltimore but sadly I did not meet him. I had other items on my agenda at that time. From what I heard he was at his table and was sketching and left suddenly. Anybody know if that is true and if it was true why he left? I'm hoping he'll return.

AH_BlackQueen-lowres_zpsolxshrgo.jpg

Finally got this one in hand with a proper scan.

That's beautiful. I usually dislike it when he outlines his figures but having the outline subtly being off the lines and only around the hips is a great look, especially with the hands NOT having it. Great piece.

As a fan, I stay on the look out for new issues with Hughes covers. I've been watching Betty and Veronica, and unfortunately, it's seen slip after slip after slip. According to Comixology, issue 3 is slipping a full year. :o

Granted, I'm sure that's just a placeholder date since the issue was canceled with a plan for resolicitation, but does anyone want to venture a guess as to when it'll see publication?

As a fan, I stay on the look out for new issues with Hughes covers. I've been watching Betty and Veronica, and unfortunately, it's seen slip after slip after slip. According to Comixology, issue 3 is slipping a full year. :o

Granted, I'm sure that's just a placeholder date since the issue was canceled with a plan for resolicitation, but does anyone want to venture a guess as to when it'll see publication?

This happened all the time with Aferlife with Archie and Sabrina.

My advice, don't expect it and when it shows up. It's a bonus.