• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ADAM HUGHES GALLERY
13 13

1,302 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

I wish I had a 9.9 copy of a book. That's pretty cool.  

But "Adam Hughes Story"?

Come on CGC.  :facepalm:

-J.

lol that would suck to have reholdered, even though they don't "regrade" when reholdering, they "skim" or something like that :) 

On 25/07/2017 at 0:31 AM, Wolverinex said:

9.9 is possible???!!!   How did the comic look to you?

The Catwoman #50 was purchased slabbed over a decade ago. The same seller also had a 9.9 graded copy of the Catwoman #51 "Lost" cover that I let slip through my fingers. It sold for $54.95. Considering that a graded 9.8 copy now sells for $250-$300, one can only imagine what that 9.9 would get today.

BTW, there's a total of three Adam Hughes Catwomans graded 9.9 by CGC. The #50, #51 and this one I submitted a while ago... :acclaim:

Catwoman2002-065-CGC99SS-0950452007.jpeg.08bff4f2245476449a343c31d8e1058e.jpeg

11 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Found Maze 4 and Maze 5 today... funny he used to sign his covers with his entire last name... are these comics rare?  Looking forward to reading them because he also penciled them.

No, they're not rare at all, usually bargain bin fodder, BUT they're great books! I pick them up whenever I see them. I actually prefer Adam's early stuff, like Maze Agency, Stargrazers, early Justice League International, etc. He had more of a Dave Stevens thing going on back them, before he embraced the more painterly Drew Struzan approach. So, no, no hard to find or worth anything, but still terrific books and well worth your time!

On 7/28/2017 at 9:19 AM, divad said:

I know this one is in the thread somewhere . . . how come there are so few on eBay? hm

s-l1600.jpg

This one and the Rose and Thorn run are my favorite less talked about covers. 

Stargrazers also has a couple great camp covers. I managed to pick up the TPB cheap a couple weeks ago; also a winner. 

6 hours ago, manetteska said:

This one and the Rose and Thorn run are my favorite less talked about covers. 

Stargrazers also has a couple great camp covers. I managed to pick up the TPB cheap a couple weeks ago; also a winner. 

Agreed the Rose & Thorn are pretty sweet (:

3 minutes ago, Polirer said:

So Thor 700 1:100 Hughes cover artist Dcbs asking $300 comes out in October preorder is now. No image. Thoughts?

No way am I preordering that for $300 unless it's already going to be slabbed at 9.8. It should be no more than $100 preorder for a 1:100. That's just pure insanity charging $300 for a raw book with no image 

1 minute ago, Michael Lamm said:

No way am I preordering that for $300 unless it's already going to be slabbed at 9.8. It should be no more than $100 preorder for a 1:100. That's just pure insanity charging $300 for a raw book with no image 

I agree.. 

On 8/4/2017 at 9:05 AM, Michael Lamm said:

They're doing that likely because there wouldn't be enough orders of the regular cover if they only price it at $100. At $300 (enough to cover the cost of 100 regular cover copies), every preorder is guaranteed to receive a copy even if someone buys, say, 1000 copies of the variant.

That said, I don't buy higher priced variants sight unseen regardless of artist.

Any guesses as to what a 9.8 copy of the Death/Thor comic might sell for out the gates? I've been getting into Hughes again more and more, but it's already feeling like this one will start out out of reach for me.