• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ADAM HUGHES GALLERY
13 13

1,302 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Reno McCoy said:

Any guesses as to what a 9.8 copy of the Death/Thor comic might sell for out the gates? I've been getting into Hughes again more and more, but it's already feeling like this one will start out out of reach for me. 

Quick guess, $100-150 for raw. CGC 9.8 premium is what 2-3x? If it gets featured on speculation websites, then good luck.

22 hours ago, Reno McCoy said:

Any guesses as to what a 9.8 copy of the Death/Thor comic might sell for out the gates? I've been getting into Hughes again more and more, but it's already feeling like this one will start out out of reach for me. 

Depends if it's featuring female Thor or male Thor. He can draw males well, but the demand is way lower for them. Either way, I'd wait two months and the cost will be down to manageable prices.

Edited by Tnexus

On 6/24/2017 at 5:14 PM, kimik said:

I personally like the cover to #74 better, but I was happy to see #51 get the 9.8. I will have a small stack of Catwomans on the way for grading in a bit. Hopefully I hit more 9.8s than 9.4s on that group.

Just saw that my latest group of moderns shipped. There were 9 Hughes covers in the mix - all books that I felt were lower grade copies compared to the five I posted a few pages back.

I hit 6 7 x 9.8, 1 x 9.6 and 1 x 9.2 (grader note: color run/manufacturing error right center of front cover :cry: ). WTF? Don't get me wrong, I am happy with the grades, but there is a 9.8 copy of #74 in this group that looked weaker raw than the 9.4 I got with the first go round. :facepalm:

Edited by kimik

On 8/18/2017 at 1:14 PM, kimik said:

Just saw that my latest group of moderns shipped. There were 9 Hughes covers in the mix - all books that I felt were lower grade copies compared to the five I posted a few pages back.

I hit 6 7 x 9.8, 1 x 9.6 and 1 x 9.2 (grader note: color run/manufacturing error right center of front cover :cry: ). WTF? Don't get me wrong, I am happy with the grades, but there is a 9.8 copy of #74 in this group that looked weaker raw than the 9.4 I got with the first go round. :facepalm:

Which, of course, is why I would never pay the premium for a slabbed 9.8 - always a crapshoot . . . "same as it ever was" :grin:

Yup. Slab books to get 9.8, don't pay for them. The only time I will buy a slabbed 9.8 is when I can find a dealer's site that has not been updated after a movie announcement. lol

1 hour ago, D-Optimist said:

IMG_4664.thumb.JPG.de00aed79db5fab6d5464c14fc5d3bc6.JPG

Quite possibly the crown jewel in my comic collection (as far as value not as in my favorite book). Found this at a local shop for $1.50! This will be one of the first books I CGC... But yea Adam Hughe's art is dope and he's a cool dude (he looked me out at Comic Con)... but thats another story...

Peace

WHAT!  it was in the stacks or dollar bin?  How did you luck out so much!!  I spent a pretty penny on mine.

3 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

WHAT!  it was in the stacks or dollar bin?  How did you luck out so much!!  I spent a pretty penny on mine.

I found it earlier this year at the main local shop I go to... It was in the stacks of Supergirl books on the wall (the comic shop has current books and some back issues across the walls and back issues in the middle of the store) with no sleeve or backerboard... It was behind other Supergirl books... and I had no real knowledge of this book... But, I was definitely getting into Adam Hughes stuff especially with how cool he was to me at Comic Con last year... So I bought it for half off cover price... When I got home I was like "ohhhh wowwww!" when I checked online...