• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ADAM HUGHES GALLERY
13 13

1,298 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Hado said:

Dang!

Still pretty sweet to get all five at once. 

Thanks. This is the same store I snagged a run of #1-16 at for $20 last summer. For whatever reason, they get a steady supply of Hughes books in on a month to month basis.

This was waiting for me when I got to the LCS tonight, forgot I'd ordered it! Scan of the bag doesn't do it justice, as the foil effect on the hair is really nice!

IMG_3258.JPG

Posted these over in CG already, but figured I'd better drop in here. Had an epic and unexpected haul this weekend. First I hit up a second hand book/music shop in a small town and found a smattering of AH books (along with a bunch of other stuff). But the BIG haul came at a Peddler's Mall in an even smaller town, where I usually stop when I'm passing through. I pretty much never find anything there, except once I found a NM98 for cover price, so I keep stopping by.

At any rate, stopped by there again this past Sunday and found they have a new vendor set up. In addition to getting a massive chunk of NM+ Batman newsstands, I also got all of these gorgeous AH books for less than cover price. Bought everything he had at $2 each, and they are super sharp, each one a slam dunk 9.6 and potential 9.8. Didn't find anything that I don't already have in my collection, but I'm always happy to add to the hoard. And I think several of these CW books are upgrades for me.

At any rate, keep digging fellas, the deals are still out there!

(Sorry for the crappy pics)

Photo May 08, 9 25 19 PM.jpg

Photo May 08, 9 26 27 PM.jpg

Photo May 08, 9 27 21 PM (1).jpg

On 5/9/2017 at 11:34 AM, F For Fake said:

Posted these over in CG already, but figured I'd better drop in here. Had an epic and unexpected haul this weekend. First I hit up a second hand book/music shop in a small town and found a smattering of AH books (along with a bunch of other stuff). But the BIG haul came at a Peddler's Mall in an even smaller town, where I usually stop when I'm passing through. I pretty much never find anything there, except once I found a NM98 for cover price, so I keep stopping by.

At any rate, stopped by there again this past Sunday and found they have a new vendor set up. In addition to getting a massive chunk of NM+ Batman newsstands, I also got all of these gorgeous AH books for less than cover price. Bought everything he had at $2 each, and they are super sharp, each one a slam dunk 9.6 and potential 9.8. Didn't find anything that I don't already have in my collection, but I'm always happy to add to the hoard. And I think several of these CW books are upgrades for me.

At any rate, keep digging fellas, the deals are still out there!

(Sorry for the crappy pics)

Photo May 08, 9 25 19 PM.jpg

Photo May 08, 9 26 27 PM.jpg

Photo May 08, 9 27 21 PM (1).jpg

What is the grade on the WW188?  Would you consider selling?