• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ADAM HUGHES GALLERY
13 13

1,296 posts in this topic

Cool! I'm not familiar with Frankies Comics, and I don't normally do store variants, but I'll need one of these for the collection. I don't see anything about it on their website, though?

2 hours ago, fullerjason said:

No idea @the blob. He signed everything though including the banner to his left with the same image on it. I don't believe he had an issue signing any of that stack in front of him as none of those on the table were going to CGC.

Is that you handing him books.  I'm just looking at the expression of surprise on the non-Adam Hughes person in the pic.

This is new to my collection this week :) 

UMMMM I did some trade in value at the LCS, and I had some time to look and didn't really find much but I liked this cover....

Can someone tell me why this has the "RRP" on the cover and says 1 in 50? does that mean it is a ratio comic?.......and what does my Comic Book store mean my RPG? lol 

Red Sonja #7 Adam Hughes.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Does it stand for some kind of "retailer incentive"?

I'm confused meh I just liked the cover.... thought that I might have over paid but can't find a sold copy on ebay that has the "RRP" on the cover....

any help is appreciated :) 

25 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

This is new to my collection this week :) 

UMMMM I did some trade in value at the LCS, and I had some time to look and didn't really find much but I liked this cover....

Can someone tell me why this has the "RRP" on the cover and says 1 in 50? does that mean it is a ratio comic?.......and what does my Comic Book store mean my RPG? lol 

Red Sonja #7 Adam Hughes.jpg

Retailer Roundtable Program

7 minutes ago, ComicCollectorMatt said:

Retailer Roundtable Program

I know dynamite has a lot of variants... but I saw it priced At $50 and thought that was because it was "red foil" then got home and realized those sell for $15 and there are "red foil virgin covers" selling for $30 and I felt like I got robbed....

Just curious what I stepped in this roundtable ;)

40 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Does it stand for some kind of "retailer incentive"?

I'm confused meh I just liked the cover.... thought that I might have over paid but can't find a sold copy on ebay that has the "RRP" on the cover....

any help is appreciated :) 

That is not a real "RRP".  That is a DC-only program.  

Dynamite just slapped that on there in a fairly crass attempt to boot strap onto the name recognition of that DC program.

-J.

9 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

That is not a real "RRP".  That is a DC-only program.  

Dynamite just slapped that on there in a fairly crass attempt to boot strap onto the name recognition of that DC program.

-J.

Thanks. Then what is the 1 in 50? Does that mean 1:50? Are there at least less with RRP than the red foil virgin?

I'm not sure the legalities of what makes a retailer incentive or anything by dc either... but are you saying that with dynamite it is just a regular variant with a red foil, red foil virgin, and a red foil with RRP put on It? Is there not a lesser between the three. I understand if it is a ratio then it might not mean a less of print, but I was curious if it was ordered side by side with no conditions or if it is like Campbell with a limited whatever...? 

Probably making this too complicated lol I called the LCS to ask cause I was in a rush when I purchased, but they weren't available to talk, I'll call back later :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

16 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Thanks. Then what is the 1 in 50? Does that mean 1:50? Are there at least less with RRP than the red foil virgin?

I'm not sure the legalities of what makes a retailer incentive or anything by dc either... but are you saying that with dynamite it is just a regular variant with a red foil, red foil virgin, and a red foil with RRP put on It? Is there not a lesser between the three. I understand if it is a ratio then it might not mean a less of print, but I was curious if it was ordered side by side with no conditions or if it is like Campbell with a limited whatever...? 

Probably making this too complicated lol I called the LCS to ask cause I was in a rush when I purchased, but they weren't available to talk, I'll call back later :)

I have no idea how many there are of those books, although in the census the ones that say "RRP" on them have the fewest graded (28), compared to the other two (48). All three seem to have gone for around a couple hundred dollars in a 9.8.  As for the "1:50" note by your LCS, I have no idea what they're talking about, and a book could not be both an "RRP" (again, this comic is not that, despite what they printed on the cover) and a 1:50 ordering incentive variant.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules