• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ADAM HUGHES GALLERY
13 13

1,297 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

I have no idea how many there are of those books, although in the census the ones that say "RRP" on them have the fewest graded (28), compared to the other two (48). All three seem to have gone for around a couple hundred dollars in a 9.8.  As for the "1:50" note by your LCS, I have no idea what they're talking about, and a book could not be both an "RRP" (again, this comic is not that, despite what they printed on the cover) and a 1:50 ordering incentive variant.  

-J.

lolNo Worries J! That's insightful and more info than I had....

Much Thanks!

I liked the cover and that's the main reason I bought it. At least you helped me with sales, as I don't have GPA and couldn't find it on ebay. Mainly I needed a reason to justify the LCS $50 price tag haha. Oh and I traded a "VG" copy of IH 182 and ASM 134 for it, as I already have graded copies of those. :foryou:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

14 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

lolNo Worries J! That's insightful and more info than I had....

Much Thanks!

I liked the cover and that's the main reason I bought it. At least you helped me with sales, as I don't have GPA and couldn't find it on ebay. Mainly I needed a reason to justify the LCS $50 price tag haha. Oh and I traded a "VG" copy of IH 182 and ASM 134 for it, as I already have graded copies of those. :foryou:

No problem.  (thumbsu Nice pick up by the way.

-J.

Just now, jsilverjanet said:

I like that Red Sonja. I can safely say it’s the harder one to find of the variants for that cover. I think you got a very solid price for it.

hey thanks jsilver :) that makes me feel better! I think it is definitely of high grade too, I think think the owner only grades as high as overstreet to cover his behind lol hence the NM-....

I've seen a few NM + labeled in his store, but I don't think he wants to overgrade....

10 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I don’t see why not. Were your concerns the size of the book?

I didn’t know since it’s adult content. I didn’t think it would be an issue but I would have assumed there were some graded copies as popular as it is. 

Just now, Remyvt said:

I didn’t know since it’s adult content. I didn’t think it would be an issue but I would have assumed there were some graded copies as popular as it is. 

Adult content is fine inside the book and nudity on the cover is fine too as long there are no depictions of penetration and certain fluids. Although, I've seen certain underground comics slabbed that say otherwise. 

Ok. I know they won’t grade the books if they are too explicit or graphic or if the content inside is too much but I always looked at that book on the level of Cherry Poptart which has been graded by CGC

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's awesomd deadleg :) if you don't mind me asking, what does the "RRP" stand for?

Nevermind, I googled it and it really does stand for "round table program", I thought that was a joke...:tonofbricks:

3 minutes ago, deadleg said:

http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=14808 

The second post in the link has a great explanation. 

interesting, thanks! So I checked on ebay, weird that cgc still puts "rrp" on the label.... I guess, if according to the link, that Dynamite got away with it for a time, but they don't do it anymore, right?

On 3/31/2018 at 2:24 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's awesomd deadleg :) if you don't mind me asking, what does the "RRP" stand for?

On 3/31/2018 at 2:26 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Nevermind, I googled it and it really does stand for "round table program", I thought that was a joke...:tonofbricks:

On 3/31/2018 at 2:44 PM, deadleg said:

http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=14808 

The second post in the link has a great explanation. 

But these are not Retailer Roundtable Program editions. Some were 1:50, 1:100 and some were 1:300 retailer variants. I would assume Dynamite had some other definition of RRP.

Edited by ygogolak

5 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

But these are not Retailer Roundtable Program editions. Some were 1:50 and some were 1:300 retailer variants. I would assume Dynamite had some other definition of RRP.

That must explain why my LCS put the 1 in 50 on the label. I had asked what the purpose for that was earlier, so THANKS :)

Just for my own posterity, I needed to know in case I ever make a listing for it..... I'll probably get it graded eventually, and that LCS where I bought it is also the one I submit books at, meaning I could inquire when I go. I didn't realize that this book was from 2006. I only recently became aware of it.