• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ADAM HUGHES GALLERY
13 13

1,302 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, ygogolak said:

But these are not Retailer Roundtable Program editions. Some were 1:50, 1:100 and some were 1:300 retailer variants. I would assume Dynamite had some other definition of RRP.

I should have put RRP in quotations in my original post as Dynamite’s RRP program (whatever it was?) was not the same as DC’s.

5 minutes ago, deadleg said:

I should have put RRP in quotations in my original post as Dynamite’s RRP program (whatever it was?) was not the same as DC’s.

"RRP" was/is a DC-specific program. Only DC books can be genuine RRP books. Unfortunately, since DC obviously never trademarked the term, other publishers have occasionally hijacked it, in a fairly transparent attempt to add a layer of prestige to their books.  And certain other books are mistakenly called "RRP" by collectors.  But there are only a handful of books that are legit RRP books, and they are all DC books.

http://www.recalledcomics.com/DCRRPComics.php

-J.

9 hours ago, SamPool said:

Pick these up last week..

GIJoe_2.thumb.jpg.8f2193bf78013f78b1f43eb174297f89.jpg

This one I used one of the ebay coupons.

TombRaider_33.thumb.jpg.b66233f19292bad9cb2f23d2eb39164c.jpg

I picked up that Tomb Raider variant in Minnesota last year.  Love it. 

Hoping to get that Joe cover this year. 

Patrick

16 hours ago, followtheleader said:

I picked up that Tomb Raider variant in Minnesota last year.  Love it. 

Hoping to get that Joe cover this year. 

Patrick

I have had that Tomb Raider on my list for some time now, especially in SS.  I always thought this cover was the variant but it turns out that cover by Tony Daniel was the variant, any way, I think it is a great cover. 

Edited by SamPool

3 minutes ago, Reno McCoy said:

Hadn't heard about Man of Steel. Has the image been released? Did a quick google search but found nothing.

On Facebook Adam was saying that he had just completed a lot of work, and he posted an image of GGA on a beach, I'm not sure the comic series though. Point is I think there should be a slew of "new" stuff, whether any of it will be sought after is something else. The last thing that "I" knew he had worked on was Hellboy.

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

On Facebook Adam was saying that he had just completed a lot of work, and he posted an image of GGA on a beach, I'm not sure the comic series though. Point is I think there should be a slew of "new" stuff, whether any of it will be sought after is something else. The last thing that "I" knew he had worked on was Hellboy.

The beach pinup was for a portfolio being sold at Lake Como Con. Per his Twitter account: "My legal department has informed me that the correct answer is: this is neither Audrey Hepburn nor is it Catwoman."

On 4/2/2018 at 10:40 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Just for my own posterity, I needed to know in case I ever make a listing for it.....

You're going to sell it for your kids?

Edited by RockMyAmadeus
This is a secret edit for Jimmers.

For the record, not every Hughes book is now worth fat stacks of cash.

Went to Sac Con, and some guy was trying to sell Maze Agency #1 for $5.

It's a quarter book, people. Not even having Adam Hughes art is going to change that.

Get back to me when his FAR SUPERIOR JLI run is selling for more than cover price. Especially #34.

10 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

For the record, not every Hughes book is now worth fat stacks of cash.

Went to Sac Con, and some guy was trying to sell Maze Agency #1 for $5.

It's a quarter book, people. Not even having Adam Hughes art is going to change that.

Get back to me when his FAR SUPERIOR JLI run is selling for more than cover price. Especially #34.

It's true, if you're a real fan of AH and not just chasing $$$, there are still tons of cheap books to be had. I still pick up stacks of Maze Agency, Starblazers, Justice League International, etc. Not worth a buck, but I love finding them. I also still prefer Adam's early style, when he was still more Dave Stevens than Drew Struzan, and that was also when I discovered his art, so that stuff still really speaks to me. You can also still regularly find Lady Rawhides, Vengeance of Vampi, Ghost, Fairest, Classic X-Men, and several others, in the dollar bins. Great books, and I buy every one of them that I find for a dollar or less, which is still fairly often. Hell, just two weeks ago I got a nice little AH stack at 50 cents a pop. 

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

It's true, if you're a real fan of AH and not just chasing $$$, there are still tons of cheap books to be had. I still pick up stacks of Maze Agency, Starblazers, Justice League International, etc. Not worth a buck, but I love finding them. I also still prefer Adam's early style, when he was still more Dave Stevens than Drew Struzan, and that was also when I discovered his art, so that stuff still really speaks to me. You can also still regularly find Lady Rawhides, Vengeance of Vampi, Ghost, Fairest, Classic X-Men, and several others, in the dollar bins. Great books, and I buy every one of them that I find for a dollar or less, which is still fairly often. Hell, just two weeks ago I got a nice little AH stack at 50 cents a pop. 

This is me, too... I remember when I would scour the bins for dollar books like Catwoman, Wonder Woman and Zatanna with AH covers. When those dried up, I moved on to things like Serenity, Rose and Thorn, and Tomb Raider, then Lady Rawhide, Vampi, and Légionnaires. Now it's Maze Agency, Valor and Classic X-men. These have all pretty much dried up, and even the drekkiest is $80-$100 stabbed in 9.8. Will this spread as far as Justice League? Hard to say, but nothing with AH surprises me anymore.